PS4 says server is unreachable or freezes

playstation

For days now every time i pen the Plex app on the PS4 it allows me to select my profile then i get an error page saying the server is offline or unreachable (it's not, it's working perfectly fine on the desktop) then the whole app just freezes and i can't even select the settings to try and change anything

Logs please.

I don’t have the logs, the server is my brothers that i’m accessing remotely

I have same kind of issue. I started a new thread about it https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/291864/plex-player-for-playstation-4-with-system-software-5-0-crashes-and-non-responsive#latest

Open your Plex server admin in a browser. Just go to SETTINGS->NETWORK and select Secure connections = disabled. Then save. Now reopen your Plex app in PS4. It should work :slight_smile:

@mattydavidson7 said:
For days now every time i pen the Plex app on the PS4 it allows me to select my profile then i get an error page saying the server is offline or unreachable (it’s not, it’s working perfectly fine on the desktop) then the whole app just freezes and i can’t even select the settings to try and change anything

Still unfixed. how pathetic!

Plexserver runs and is connected.
ALL clients work (android phones and tablets aaaand PCs.

but the ps4 client? just from one second to another cant connect anymore, shows it and freezes. cant retry, cant go to setting cant do anything but closing the application. un- and reinstall does not work. the comon support-answer (fallback on unsecure) does not work and i cant change the setting of the ps4 client because it does freeze.

isnt it a lil embarrassing to plex, is it?! you take our money and you deliver since at least 2 years an unstable plex client and you dont get it fixed?!

the server just tells me that the ps4 has just logged in . that much for the “cant connect bullshit”.

my server is on the VERY SAME switch as the ps4. the server has a 40gbit connection and no stress at all.
the ps4 is directly connected to the same switch, same vlan, same subnet. accessing to plex via DLNA works like a charme.

so?! when can we - the PAYING CUSTOMERS - expect a god damn FIXED ps4 application which does NOT freeze?! damnit, its a console!!! should not be that hard to achieve.

Simon