Receive shaka4011 (Manifest) error when playing media via Firefox/Chromium on Fedora 27

plex-web

I am unable to play any type of media on a Linux machine running Fedora 27. I receive a shaka4011 (Manifest) error.

Fedora: 27
Plex Media Server: 1.10.1.4602
Firefox: 57.0.1
-or-
Chromium 62.0.3202.89

Can someone help me resolve this?
Thanks
Ray

Can anyone help here?

I’m having the same issue, I just installed Fedora 27. Plex Media Server 1.9.6.4420, and Chromium Version 62.0.3202.89 and Firefox 57.0.1 both generated this playback error.

:expressionless:

Any help here? Would like to know how to resolve this…

SOLVED: In Chromium settings, I was offered the chance to update the Codec and Digital Rights. I clicked on both, restarted, and the error is gone. I suspect that a recent Chromium update did not automatically update those and Plex Player needed them. Good luck!

@beninator I’m not sure where you see the ability to update Chromium, but I don’t see it. Regardless, I want to be able to use Firefox. I’m frustrated that no one from Plex has offered any guidance into what this error means and how to resolve it.

As with the OP, I also get shaka4011 (Manifest) error when playing videos in latest version of Plex (as of 1/24/18) in Fedora 27. The difference for me, though, is that I only get the error on Chromium with the PPAPI flash. It strangely works in Chrome (PPAPI) and Firefox (NPAPI), though. Another difference for me with the OP’s post is I only get it when playing videos (The OP said that he gets it playing any media). Music works on all browsers.

None of the above comments/suggestions worked.

I’m having the same issue. Fedora 27 and Firefox Quantum 58 64 bit.

EDIT: I have found a fix. I installed VLC and it installed ■■■■-ton of codecs and my Plex started working.
I followed the instructions on this page: https://www.itzgeek.com/how-tos/linux/fedora-how-tos/install-vlc-media-player-2-0-6-on-fedora-17-fedora-18.html

Thanks @cplessinger, this worked for me as well. Would have been nice if the error was"missing codec" instead of shaka4011.

Had the same issue on Ubuntu distro. There’s no need to install VLC. All I had to do was to install missing codecs.

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

Here is what you have to do in Fedora 27 to watch Plex in Mozilla:

Enable the repo, it ships disabled with metadata enabled

$ sudo dnf config-manager --set-enabled fedora-cisco-openh264

then install the mozilla integration and the gstreamer plugin

$ sudo dnf install mozilla-openh264 gstreamer1-plugin-openh264