- Chromecast streaming is broken with recent Plex updates.
- Android streaming is broken with client version 6.17. Use 6.16.2 instead.
This plug-in was created for personal usage stream from my HDHomeRun PRIME to Roku 3. This allows up to 3 TV streams to be viewed by 3 different clients simultaneously. Due to Plex limitations with live streams, I wouldn't recommend buying a HDHomeRun device solely to run with Plex and this Plug In. This plug-in should work with DLNA-enabled HDHomeRun (PRIME, PLUS, DUAL Gen 4).
Compatible with HDHomeRun that have DLNA or HTTP streaming capabilities.
- HDHomeRun PRIME (HDHR3-CC)
- HDHomeRun 4DC (HDHR3-4DC)
- HDHomeRun DUAL (Gen4)
- HDHomeRun CONNECT (HDHR4-2US/2DT)
- HDHomeRun PLUS/EXTEND (HDTC-2US)
- HDHomeRun EXTEND (HDTC-2US-M)
- HDHomeRun DUAL (HDHR3-US/EU/DT)
- HDHomeRun DUAL (HDHR2-US/DT)
- HDHomeRun DUAL (HDHR-US/EU/DT)
Some browser may have playback issues with HTML5 player, disable HTML5 player. Refer to Known Anomalies for more info.
Common Issues and Resolution
- Android playback issue
- Slow buffering or stutters on some clients:
- Interlacing Refer to: https://github.com/zynine-/HDHRViewerV2.bundle/issues?q=label%3A%22common+issues%22
Please report in the following format:
Plex Server version:
HDHomeRun model and firmware:
In addition please include if:
Plug-in Crash or Video does not play or any other problems...
- Plex Media Server.log
Channel Guide Problems (hdhomerun)
Channel Guide Problems (XMLTV file or restapi)
- copy of the xmltv.xml
Example Error Report
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- CPU, RAM: Intel i5-3570k Quad Core, 32GB RAM
- Plex Media Server version: PMS 1.1.4
- Clients: Firefox, Roku
- HDHomeRun model and firmware: HDTC-2US firmware 20160621atest1
- Issues: Video takes a long time to load on Roku, but loads fast on Android. Video does't play on Firefox and return error message "Neither direct play nor conversion is available".