[REL] MUVIO - A music video extras agent

MUVIO

What is MUVIO?

MUVIO is an "Extras" agent for Plex Media Server that tries to find music video clips for your music library. The current version of this agent works with Last.fm and Plex Premium Music libraries.

How do I install MUVIO?

You can install MUVIO:

After installation:

1. Activate the agent in Settings > Server > Agents.
  2. Use the Refresh All option on your music library to let MUVIO collect and add video clips.

Where do I download MUVIO?

If you want to install the agent manually or if you are interested in the source code, you can download the latest copy of the agent from Github: releases

Where do I report issues?

Create an issue on Github and add as much information as possible:
- Plex Media Server version
- Primary agent and order of any secondary agents
- Log files, com.plexapp.agents.muvio.log

Hey! The code looks good and the agent works great on my test library!

Love this!!

I’m having a bit of trouble finding out what exactly this does? Can we have some information?

Does it do things like the now defunct vevo agent? I mean does it actually put music videos under the extras of an artist? And where does it get the videos? YouTube? How does it select the videos?

Or does the user need to search for something manually?

@d2freak said:
I mean does it actually put music videos under the extras of an artist?

Yes, it searches for videos per artist:

And it also tries to find videos for album tracks:

And where does it get the videos?

Vevo is currently the source of the videos.

@“Pip Longrun”

Thanks for the information. This is really awesome.

Installed and working fine after a library refresh. Great addon and having the music videos like this is a really nice extra as I don’t download them but it’s great to be able to watch some now and again. I’m pretty disappointed with the amount of videos, if any at all, for quite a few artists (only 1 for Faith No More, zero for La DIspute as a couple of examples) but that is surely a fault of Vevo and not this addon.
Thanks.

Very nice.
Works great!
Thanks for doing this.

Do you need to do some configuration to make it work?
I have installed and updated the musical library and did nothing…

@El_Fummy said:

Do you need to do some configuration to make it work?

Hi!
Make sure to check that your music library is using the Last.fm agent (my MUVIO agent does not work with other agents yet). Also be sure to activate the agent in the Plex Media Server > Agents settings:

Are you planning to support premium libraries? It would be amazing.

I notice a few mismatched videos now and then.
A nice feature would be the ability to delete an incorrectly matched video from an artist’s page.

@PanzerX said:
Are you planning to support premium libraries? It would be amazing.

Hey! I’m looking into this, but I’m not a Plex Pass user, so I have to rely on pieces of code from other agents and may need some users to test it out soon :slight_smile:

@Captnhook said:

The code relies on the search function on Vevo, so I don’t know if I can do anything about this, but can you give me a few examples to look into?

A nice feature would be the ability to delete an incorrectly matched video from an artist’s page.

This is not possible unfortunately :frowning: This function just isn’t available in Plex.

This was fantastic while it worked… possibly something changed on Vevo.
All music videos now seem to be broken.
Clicking on any video I get a message “There is a problem playing this item”
Anyone else experiencing this?

@Captnhook said:
This was fantastic while it worked… possibly something changed on Vevo.
All music videos now seem to be broken.
Clicking on any video I get a message “There is a problem playing this item”
Anyone else experiencing this?

I can confirm this. Vevo took the API I am using offline. I’m working on an alternative at the moment and will post here as soon as I have something working.

Update

The agent has been updated and now calls my own API. This will give slightly different results, but it will still give many video clip extras. I continue to work on my backend code.

Thanks
Works great now!

@Captnhook said:

Hi @Captnhook! You saw a couple mismatched videos. If you refresh the artist that had those mismatches, does it work any better or different now since I’ve updated the agent to work with my own API instead of the no longer existing Vevo search API?

Hi @Pip Longrun!
Since the API change I see some new additional videos on correctly matched artists but the couple of mismatched ones I mentioned previously haven’t changed. I attribute those errors to similarly named artists.
ie for “The Band” I get videos for “The Band Perry” and for “Faces” (with Rod Stewart) I get the rapper named “Faces”.
I doubt there’s any fix for mismatches such as these.
Thank you again for a great “extras” agent and the API update.