[REL] TuneIn2017

Hello,

I have completely rewritten the TuneIn-Plugin from @Solvek2 . It doesn’t work anymore and I was not able to solve the problem in Servicecode.

An Updatemodul is integrated.

Tested with Plex Web, Plex Home Theater, Plex Media Player (linux + windows7).

INSTALLATION:

Options:

• Search
  • Download Option with Streamripper : see more
  • Favourites and Folders (Tunein-Account required)
  • MyRadioStations - without any access to tunein (in combination with option StartWithMyRadioStations). Sample file with more infos comes with plugin in ../TuneIn2017.bundle/Contents/Resources/myradiostations.txt

Credits:

Want to help translate this plugin?

Note
If the Plex Media Player will not stream, please switch from desktop mode to TV interface. See here.
Security hint: if you place logfiles of this plugin here, please search for password-
and serial-entries and delete them.

Known issues

• itunes-url (itunes://…) are not supported by this plugin.
  • SomaFM-Stations forwarded to itunes-url fails with http-error 302 (fixed by v1.0.1)

/R

######Plugins: ARDMediathek2016, Plex-Plugin-KIKA_und_tivi, Plex-Plugin-3Sat_Mediathek, Plex-Plugin-Flickr, Plex-Plugin-TagesschauXL, Plex-Plugin-Phoenix_Mediathek, TuneIn2017, Shoutcast2017, Plex-Plugin-ZDFmobile

Pardon! The Release-Upload was corrupt - unlike to master-branch at Github. The Plugin hang's on start.

New Update v0.1.3: https://github.com/rols1/TuneIn2017/releases.
/R

Plugins: ARDMediathek2016, Plex-Plugin-KIKA_und_tivi, Plex-Plugin-3Sat_Mediathek, Plex-Plugin-Flickr, Plex-Plugin-TagesschauXL, Plex-Plugin-Phoenix_Mediathek

Just an FYI, adding "[REL]" in front of the title of your thread will make it more recognizable to forum users as the release of a new channel plugin, since that is what threads for other plugins have.

@shopgirl284
Thanks for your advice. It would be nice, if you change it - I can't.

Edit: quick change, thank you. Now I recognized, that I could change a title in Edit-Mode. Next time I make it better...
/R

Plugins: ARDMediathek2016, Plex-Plugin-KIKA_und_tivi, Plex-Plugin-3Sat_Mediathek, Plex-Plugin-Flickr, Plex-Plugin-TagesschauXL, Plex-Plugin-Phoenix_Mediathek

@rols1

Please next time do as instructed, and DM me !
I literally receives +100 posts a day, been a Ninja, and it was pure luck I noticed this ;)
(Remember to edit your OP to remove the call towards me)

Thread has been added to SUPPORT: Find my Plug-In here for support ********* READ ME FIRST *********

And small Q here:

Why didn't you create a PR against the origin Git from @Solvek2 ?

Also consider the UAS

/T

@dane22 said:
@rols1

Please next time do as instructed, and DM me !
I literally receives +100 posts a day, been a Ninja, and it was pure luck I noticed this ;)
(Remember to edit your OP to remove the call towards me)

I was mainly in the German forum and here quite new.
So give me the chance to learn the rules. :)

Thread has been added to SUPPORT: Find my Plug-In here for support ********* READ ME FIRST *********

Thanks for adding the Thread to your support-list.
And small Q here:

Why didn't you create a PR against the origin Git from @Solvek2 ?

If I could solve the problem in Servicecode, I would have made a Pull-Request. After some tries I decided to write the plugin completly new, with parts of my other plugins.
Also consider the UAS

The plugin contains it's own updater-modul. If I understand the UAS correctly, no need to register in this case - right so?
/R

Makes sense....

And yes...UAS makes sense also, since the biggest problem for people is to do the initial install

And one more humble req:

Please switch from German to English on GitHub, in order to attract more users

/T

will be a challenge for my school-english ;)
A lot of good advice, Thank you.
/R

@rols1 said:
will be a challenge for my school-english ;)

Heck, I'm Danish, and as such,, in the same boat here, and you are doing fine ;)

@dane22 said:

Hey, I am German and I am so glad that finally something is in German and not automatically in English is developed;)

German greetings from Germany :smile: :D

@KampfKraut

Then do both on the page....

Update: Search added, v0.1.6

Update: improved analysis of streamlinks, v0.1.7

https://github.com/rols1/TuneIn2017/releases

Please let me know, if a streamlink cannot be played.

As soon as the plugin runs stable for most users , I intend to register it to the UAS (https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/202282/unsupported-appstore-v2-as-in-totally-unsupported/p1), to simplify the first installation.
/R

Finished (for now): Update to v0.2.5

https://github.com/rols1/TuneIn2017/releases

A lot of code was added to prevent blocking the Plugin by buggy streamlinks.
For example some of chinese radio-stations are not reachable fromm Germany -
access ends with different HTTP- or URL-Errors.

I think the most error-cases should be now safe handled and the user get a suitable message.

But no software is perfect, so it would be nice, if someone could check the plugin thoroughly.
If a programmer will do some tests, it might help, that the code contains many Log-Statements.

I'm interested in:
* is there still a blocking situation?
* is there still a station, which could be selected, but produces a 'Playback Error'?
* are there inconsistencies in plugin-handling?
/R

Hi!
Plugin is working! THANKS!

"Suche" is not translated in ENG version of interface - should be "Search".
"Favorits" should be "Favourite" or "Favourites".

SomaFM stations do not work. tunein.com/radio/Soma-FM-a38221/
Radiojazz.fm is not listed on local polish radio stations, but I believe it could be TuneIn error.

Thank you very much for bringing this channel/plugin to Synology/Plex.

That is what I was missing in Plex Media Server.

Best regards,
P.

@Przemo said:

"Suche" is not translated in ENG version of interface - should be "Search".
"Favorits" should be "Favourite" or "Favourites".
will be fixed with next update
SomaFM stations do not work. tunein.com/radio/Soma-FM-a38221/

trying 2 SomaFM-stations I got the error: Servermessage: global name 'headers' is not defined - will (hopefully :) ) be fixed with next update

Radiojazz.fm is not listed on local polish radio stations, but I believe it could be TuneIn error.
Radiojazz.fm I can find with search-function and it works (here in germany).
Starting coding this plugin I tried to control the "local radio"-output with different HTTP-Headers - but without success.
If nessasary I could implement an easy solution: an input field in preferences for missed stations. The listed stations fitting these entries could be added by the plugin in a special menu.

Thank you very much for reporting back.

Edit: Fix for headers-error is done. Please use the Update-Menu to get the new Version 0.2.9
/R

Plugins: ARDMediathek2016, Plex-Plugin-KIKA_und_tivi, Plex-Plugin-3Sat_Mediathek, Plex-Plugin-Flickr, Plex-Plugin-TagesschauXL, Plex-Plugin-Phoenix_Mediathek, TuneIn2017

@rols1 - Thank you for resurrecting this plugin! I cannot get anything to play on my iOS clients. The streams just sit spinning indefinitely or they exit immediately. Most streams play in PlexWeb though. Ideas?

@MaestroJAL
I have no experience with ios but the reason cannot be the same as described in your post (https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/283041/newbie-playing-audio-content-on-ios-devices, parameter includeBandwidths=None).

Please, produce an error and send the Log (com.plexapp.plugins.tunein2017.log) and I will take a look at it. Perhaps it's only a bagatelle.
/R

Plugins: ARDMediathek2016, Plex-Plugin-KIKA_und_tivi, Plex-Plugin-3Sat_Mediathek, Plex-Plugin-Flickr, Plex-Plugin-TagesschauXL, Plex-Plugin-Phoenix_Mediathek, TuneIn2017

@rols1:
Man, you rule! I have tested some SomaFM stations (Secret Agent, SF 10-33, Sonic Universe, Groove Salad, Dub Step Beyound, Seven Inch Soul, Earwaves) and they ALL WORK! :) Thank you.
I have noticed that I can not use my ios PLEX app as remote, in the web PLEX, when I am playing radio through my RasPlex. I do get this message in web PLEX:
"Playback Error: "RasPlex" is playing media from an unknown source."
iOS shows playing info screen with
"unknown, unknown - no title"
However I can pause and play in iOS, I can choose radio stations in plugin also (iOS) in remote mode (Rasplex is the remote player). iOS player (standalone) does not show artist/song title, Rasplex (standalone) shows artist/song title, web PLEX standalone shows "NaN:NaN" when playing SomaFM stations.

You are doing superb work! Thank you again. :)

@Przemo
Glad to hear that the fix works for you. :)

Unfortunately I'm currently not able to test the plugin neither with ios PLEX app nor with RasPlex. But I will take a look at the ios-forum to find hints.

Displaying "NaN:NaN": yes - that shows web PLEX with every station. I don't know until yet, how to influence it. If one of the developers could give advice, I would be grateful.
/R

Just a small comment here:

Instead of going to https://github.com/rols1/TuneIn2017/releases you might wanna consider this url instead:
https://api.github.com/repos/rols1/TuneIn2017/releases/latest

Best regards

Tommy