[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 5 for Plex

aeon-nox

Aeon Nox for Plex Home Theater

I’m very pleased to announce the release of my port of the Aeon Nox 5 from Kodi for Plex Home Theater.

Aeon Nox 5 for Plex has 28 different viewtypes, an intuitive and graceful GUI and lots of configuration options.

Translators Wanted:

If you speak another language than English, I’d very much appreciate your help in translating Aeon Nox into your language. No skinning skills are necessary, and odds are (depending on your language) a decent amount has already been started. More details here.

Aeon Nox (for PHT 1.4.1 and OpenPHT 1.5.0) is available here:

Aeon Nox 5.1.0 Download
Older Versions

Change Log:

• Completely Overhauled Homemenu
  • New Vertical Homemenu Orientation
  • Alternate Homemenu graphics for horizontal menu
  • New “1 Item” Homemenu layout for horizontal menu
  • Two Widget types: Panel and List
  • Transparency Options
  • Background colour and style options
  • Independently set artwork and case options for different media types and widget types
  • Rotten Tomato Ratings
  • Display Movie durations in hours and minutes instead of just minutes.
  • Disable Search
  • Display Alac Codec Flag in Now Playing visualization

• New Music OSD to match the Video OSD from 5.0.7
  • New Now Playing Visualization
  • Revamped Visualizations for the other visualization types
  • Added Opaque option to Video OSD
  • Added settings to disable Preplay
  • Added blur setting for Preplay background (OpenPHT only)
  • Added Large Icons Viewtype for Music
  • Moved Notification Messages to bottom right of screen
  • Replaced Busy Notification with a spinner image

• Complete Overhaul of the Video OSD.
  • Bookmarks Button - Save bookmarks in videos to easily return to favourite parts.
  • Printscreen Button - The Printscreen OSD button will take a screenshot without the OSD being present. Perfect for taking clean screenshots of videos.
  • Spinning Discart - No extra scraping necessary, just works.
  • Lots of artwork options - DVD/Bluray cases, Glass Cases, Clear Cases, Media Flags.
  • Many configurable OSD elements.
  • Complete Spanish Translation by danichispa
  • Numerous Bug Fixes

5.0.6 Added Coloured Circular Watched Status Indicators

5.0.5 Fixed Movie Filters when running on Rasplex

5.0.4 Added Circular Watched Status Indicators with Lower and Upper Positions
Added Setting to Disable Scroll Status Indicator
Added 100% Complete Dutch Translation (Thanks to @Arjan1105 and @FREAKJAM )
Added Partial Translations of 73 Other Languages
Numerous Bug Fixes

5.0.3 Added ability to disable Watched, Unwatched and In Progress status overlays

5.0.2 Added Shelf 3D Viewtype to artists and albums

5.0.1 Initial Release

Installation:

Extract the zip file then move the skin.aeon.nox.5 folder inside the zip to:

Windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Plex Home Theater\addons
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Plex Home Theater/addons
Linux: ~/.plexht/addons
Openelec: /storage/.plexht/addons (Use WinSCP or another FTP program to transfer)

Screenshots:

Credits:

• Bignoid for creating Aeon Nox 5 for Kodi
  • mikesilvo164 for Aeon Nox Silvo
  • Steveb for the Fanartlist, BannerInfo and Shiftcase viewtypes
  • Warner306 for the Small Icons viewtype
  • Maniac for the white theme
  • manfeed for the Music mods and Shelf 3D Viewtype
  • schimi2k for media flags
  • SeedyEvil for Now Playing Visualization mod
  • Mr. V for the homemenu widgets
  • neurosis13 for the color media flags
  • Tgx for fanart from his Black Glass Nova skin
  • Aeon MQ for fanart_

Special Thanks to @Arjan1105 and @FREAKJAM for testing and their Dutch Translation and danichispa for the Spanish Translation
Extra special thanks to i/o for his help during the early stages of this project.

Awesome port of a very awesome skin! Hopefully this jewel will remain working when the new PHT version will come out at the end of this month.

Loved this one on Kodi.. Now it's on PLEX!! Whoop!!!

TY!!

More skins = more better :) thanks for all your hard work

Any Rasplex users out there? I'm very curious how the skin runs on a Raspberry Pi.

Update:

Added Shelf 3D Viewtype by manfeed for artists and albums in music media sections:

Hey I'm trying on the Raspberry Pi but not allowing me to sign In .I copy the folder to Storage/ Kodi /Addons folder Is that the right place?

Please note that I do not run Rasplex myself, although I do run Openelec on a PC (which is what Rasplex is based on). My understanding is that for Rasplex, the skins go to this folder:

/storage/.plexht/addons

Which won't be accessible (by default) as a network share. You need to either add the skins folder to samba on Rasplex to make it accessible as a network share, or use a ftp program like WinSCP to access the folder and copy it that way. For myself with my Openelec box, I use WinSCP to transfer Nox to it.

I found instructions for using the network share method for the Pi located here:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/178653/about-changing-skin

Let me know how that works. I do have two Raspberry Pi's (the original ones, not the model 2) -- so if necessary, I could take one down, and temporarily install Rasplex on it to help troubleshoot.

Ok figure It out .Lol Thanks again

Let me know if I can help.

Thank you for this skin! I've been using Aeon Nox on Kodi for a while now and I like it even more on Plex. I really like the fact that you've included more colorful metadata icons and various "views" by default. Bravo!

Thanks for the compliments. :) I do my best. And this is only the beginning. I'm still working on it daily, and have a lengthy "to do" list I'm working on.

@MagnumDoomguy said:
Thanks for the compliments. :) I do my best. And this is only the beginning. I'm still working on it daily, and have a lengthy "to do" list I'm working on.

Can't wait to see it evolve. BTW, what's the best way to update the skin to the latest version without losing existing settings?

Thx!

Settings are independent of the skin. (Stored in the userdata folder in the file guisettings.xml) So upgrading should be painless (I've literally done it thousands of times now). The settings will carry over to the new version with nothing extra needing to be done (I'm glad it was designed that way).

I do recommend to completely delete the previous skin.aeon.nox.5 folder before copying the new one each time you upgrade though. Sometimes files are deleted or renamed, and potentially (but rarely), having old stuff lying around could create issues. Not absolutely necessary, but safer.

@MagnumDoomguy said:
Settings are independent of the skin. (Stored in the userdata folder in the file guisettings.xml) So upgrading should be painless (I've literally done it thousands of times now). The settings will carry over to the new version with nothing extra needing to be done (I'm glad it was designed that way).

I do recommend to completely delete the previous skin.aeon.nox.5 folder before copying the new one each time you upgrade though. Sometimes files are deleted or renamed, and potentially (but rarely), having old stuff lying around could create issues. Not absolutely necessary, but safer.

Thank you, sounds easy-peasy :-)

No problem.

hmmm ive followed your instructions but i don't have the Plex Home Theater folder any ideas

What system are you running Plex Home Theater on @Mckenna95 ? Windows? Linux? Mac? Openelec? Rasplex?

Absolutely amazing! Just amazing!
What would be perfect if we could have a choice of the "watched/unwatched" icons. Or have it smaller, a choice of having it on the bottom right of each poster or an option to turn it off.
I'm not really a fan of the green ticks and star icons. It looks a bit cluttered especially if there is a lot of unwatched movies/tvshows. Maybe a choice of the normal full, half or empty circle to indicate watched/unwatched programs.

Other than that, i love everything about it. Superb!!! Thank you so much!!

Update:

Added a submenu to skin settings to allow the individual disabling of Watched, In Progress and Unwatched status overlays.

I could also add the circles if you like.