Remove "Channels" Menu Item

plex-black-edition

Does anyone know if its possible to remove the Channels menu item? I know there isnt a preferences option for it and I couldnt see anything related to it when I scanned through the HomeMenu.xml file. I don't have any channels that I use and I would love to not have to skip over that useless part of my menu all the time. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if its possible to remove the Channels menu item? I know there isnt a preferences option for it and I couldnt see anything related to it when I scanned through the HomeMenu.xml file. I don't have any channels that I use and I would love to not have to skip over that useless part of my menu all the time. Thanks in advance!

Channels are hardcoded, you cannot remove this item.

Too bad i wanted to remove those also :(

Hear hear.

@DeadEyeFlint said:
Channels are hardcoded, you cannot remove this item.

I guess hardcoded in Rasplex ?
Because in other clients (web and ios app) it is not the case : you can have them hidden...

This is also the first thing I went looking for on trying this skin. The skin looks great, really nice and clean. Would have been fantastic to be able to move the channels crud from the home screen as well.

If it can't be removed is it possible to at least change the background to something plain rather than the dog/tv picture? I find that really jarring but there is nowhere to change it. Does anyone know where that image file is found? Maybe I can just replace the image.

Post a feature request for OpenPHT on GitHub.
github.com/RasPlex/OpenPHT/issues

A Preferences option has been added to openPHT 1.5.1:

Preferences > Change Preferences for System > Plex > Hide channels in menu