Roku 3/Plex 1.7.5 - Not enough bandwidth for any playback of this item

roku

Recently upgraded my Plex install from an 0.9.x version to 1.7.5. Suddenly media that played under the previous version will not play.

I could use some help figuring out why I am getting a "Not enough bandwidth for any playback of this item. Cannot convert to below minimum bandwidth of 103kbps. Neither direct play nor conversion is available." error. I am getting this error for much of the media in my library. Those that do play have audio issues, but I think it better to address this situation first.

I have attached the debug log for a simple test case. This is a movie that we watched last weekend on the 0.9.x install without issue. Nothing about this media file has changed since last weekend.

TIA.

I'm seeing the same thing on my Parents Plex setup. Worked fine on 1.5 but now on 1.7.5, getting that same error on Roku Stick (3600x). So far, not a word from Plex.

I am seeing this same issue as described above. Please help. Do I need to get a plex pass to solve this issue? Or is there some other media server I should be using with my Synology device.

Same Issue. I have plex pass and the issue persists! It's been just the past week for me on my Roku. I can stream on laptop, phone, tablet, no problem. But the Roku, shit is wack....

Lots of issues with this. See this thread that has been ongoing. I've found a workaround for myself, that may work for others. I'd recommend posting your issues in that thread, so that we can keep the common issue in a single thread to make it easier to follow everyone's progress on resolving the issue...

link to forum post.