Roku 4: photo quality is bad

roku

I have a Roku 4 attached to a 4k 60" TV.
When I watch photos with Plex the quality is very bad.
If I watch the same photos with Roku's Media Player the quality is excellent (but I have other problems with it, like wrong orientation for portrait photos - do you know any alternative?).

Is there any way to increase Plex' photo quality to full 4k?

Thanks

Right now we are limited to 720p for photos. With the Roku 4, we are able to bump that to 1080p (not available yet) with our custom slideshow, but sadly to show 4k we'd have to revert to using the build in SDK slideshow component. We definitely want to improve this, but I don't have any ETA on this just yet.

If I watch the same photos with Roku's Media Player the quality is excellent (but I have other problems with it, like wrong orientation for portrait photos - do you know any alternative?).

RMP does use the build in slideshow component, so they are able to leverage 4k resolution on the Roku 4. You may want to post something on the Roku forums in regards to RMP not displaying the right resolution.

Is there any developement for the limitation of 720p for photography. I would like to show my picture on my 4k tv but the quality is horrible (strong pixelisation, banding).

I join. I also want to improve the quality of my photos in Plex. For me this is a fundamental point. This is related to my work.