Saving photos from Android app

android-mobile

I'm not sure when this issue first occurred, but I am unable to save photos from the Android app on my Galaxy S6 to its gallery anymore. If I select "Save" I get a message that says "successfully saved image", but when I go the the Plex folder in my gallery on the phone, I just get a grey image with an exclamation mark icon. Also, if I try to "Share" a photo (for example through Facebook messenger), I get an error message "Sorry, Messenger was unable to process the file"

Anyone else notice this problem? I know everything was working fine back in September of this year.

Just giving this one a little bump. Is no one else experiencing this behaviour?

Update. Got a new Galaxy Tab S2 tablet for Christmas....same issue occurs.

Same issue as well...

same problem here ... any fix ??

Any update on this issue? I experience the same thing .. browse to photos in the Android app, select desired photo, select the options menu (three vertical dots), select save and only a 0 (zero) byte 'file' is saved.

My setup:
Plex Media Server for Windows version 1.11.0.4666-fc63598ba
Plex Android app version 6.11.3.3147 (bb34b27a)

This is a bug we recently discovered. It has to do with the bandwidth limitations in PMS. If you have this enabled, it prevents the photos from getting downloaded. If you turn this setting off, the photos will save correctly. We are looking into this.

Can you tell me where this setting is in PMS? I can’t seem to find any bandwidth settings that I’ve set…

Settings \ Server \ Remote Access \ Limit remote stream bitrate

Unfortunately, my setting is already set for “Original (No Limit)”, but I’m still unable to save any photos on my android device.

@steveblair said:
Unfortunately, my setting is already set for “Original (No Limit)”, but I’m still unable to save any photos on my android device.

Then you have a scenario I have not seen. Please reproduce and send me both the Android app log and the PMS log.

Im having the same issue. If you find the file in your file browser its an image with 0 bytes (though named correctly)

@“MovieFan.Plex” said:

@steveblair said:

Then you have a scenario I have not seen. Please reproduce and send me both the Android app log and the PMS log.

I also see this…but only when an upload speed limit is set. Which probably makes it fall within the issue you’re already looking at. With upload speed limit set at 0 and remote stream bitrate limit set to Unlimited then it works.

Yup, that was it. Remove the upload speed and it works as expected.

Removing upload speed fixed mine too