Searching music library will return no results for album title if sorted by artist, etc.

plex-web

This isn't really a bug or any particular issue.. more just an annoyance. Perhaps it's intended behavior, but it makes searching a bit clunky.

This is NOT an issue on the Android client, that much I know. Searching for an artist will return any related albums on Android. I'm at work and can't test my Roku.

On Plex Web:
* Browse music library
* Sort by Album
* Search for artist name
* No results

Returns all artists matching "monster"

This should return any albums where the artist name matches "monster"

Perhaps a "Related Albums" section beneath the Artist results would work. Either way, it would be really nice to see this get some attention. Sometimes I know I want to listen to a certain artist, but can't remember the album titles. This just makes searching a bit of a pain.

Totally agree.

When viewing by Artist, you are searching artist names. When viewing by Album, you are searching Album titles.

@beckfield said:
When viewing by Artist, you are searching artist names. When viewing by Album, you are searching Album titles.

I get that, I'm posting because I think it's a bad way to approach library searching.

If the search box was here, it would make more sense to only search the Artists:

Music > All > Artists > Search Artists

Having a search box at the top of the library hierarchy, and then only showing results for a single filter is confusing and not as helpful.

I agree, the placement of the search box doesn't make its function very intuitive.

I'm actually having an issue where things that I can see just don't show up in the search results at all. I'm not sure if this is a database size limit or an indexing limit or what....