Security Issue

sonos

As of last evening, when attempting to run Sonos via PLEX I am getting:

Security Alert
Another device is attempting to sign in using your Plex account. You should only continue if you know this device and intend to grant it access.
52.23.231.207 (Ashburn, Virginia, United States)

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks

Apologies - this security message is appearing when attempting to re authorize PLEX in Sonos. Should have been clearer. Thanks

Hi. I also have this issue when accessing PLEX via Sonos. I am requested to reathorise my PLEX account and the security alert as shown in attached file is received. Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am also experiencing this issue. The IP address listed on the security page is
52.23.231.207 (Ashburn, Virginia, United States). The same as the OP.

This is a 'feature' of the authentication app that we are working on resolving. In the meantime know that if you see the error when authenticating from the Sonos app that it's ok.

Normally your Plex client and whatever browser you use to authenticate in are going to come from the same public IP address so being notified of a mismatch is a good thing. With service based clients like Sonos, however, the authentication starts from the server so it's not going to match your browser's IP.

Thanks - as it currently stands when I re authorize regardless of warning, in Sonos I received "unable to browse music" message and library is not visible. Any sense of resolution time for this? Thanks

@Fletchesus Try killing the app (force quit on mobile). If that doesn't work you may need to remove the Plex app from Sonos and re-add it. If that doesn't work DM me and we can try to get to the bottom of your issues.

Thanks @johnclayton - no luck with this approach; have messaged you separately.

Same issue here. I will try and removing the app and re-adding it and see where that takes me.

Similar here. I get the scary message, although being in Europe it's from Ireland. I am continually asked to re-authorise the plex account from Sonos. I have a message telling me it's authorised then immediately need to re-authorise. I have removed the Plex music service from Sonos, removed the desktop Sonos app, re-installed it, then re-added the Plex service, this did not resolve it.

Hi same problem !!!
I got this scary message as well ! It is from Ireland and related to IP 52.208.36.140. I gaveuninstalled Plex from from my device, iphone, and re-installe Plex but still have the same problem with my sonons app : it can not connect from my PLEX account account to the SONOS app to browes my files...
I am really satisfied with the Plex app and this is the first time I encounter this kind of problem....can you please let me know what to do ? I organize a party tonight and desperately need to access my files...if I do not find any other solution I guess I'll definitely unistall plex to swith on another app...
Regards

My issue has resolved itself as of approx 24 hours ago. I was also having issues with remote access at the same time which also resolved itself. Other than the steps that have been highlighted by @johnclayton the only additional step I took was a router re boot.

Same here: the app prompted me to reconnect the Plex account. I deleted the old Plex service in Sonos and readded it. Then I was redirected to the Plex page where I found the security alert message (52.50.219.39 Dublin, Leinster, Ireland). Once I linked the account everithing worked again.

For the ones that after the account re-autentication encounter the "unable to browse music" message: are you sure you used the right credentials to access your Plex account? For example, if your account was opened with a @yahoo.com email and during the re-autentication you automatically sing in with your @gmail.com google account... You'll end up with a new (and empty) Plex account linked to Sonos, and get the "unable to browse music" message!

Issue has now resurfaced.

@johnclayton said:
This is a 'feature' of the authentication app that we are working on resolving. In the meantime know that if you see the error when authenticating from the Sonos app that it's ok.

Normally your Plex client and whatever browser you use to authenticate in are going to come from the same public IP address so being notified of a mismatch is a good thing. With service based clients like Sonos, however, the authentication starts from the server so it's not going to match your browser's IP.

Should I disregard the scary warning, and proceed to sign in, then?
Thanks.

I’m confident I signed in (authorized) with the right credentials because they auto fill from lastpass and I only have one Plex account. I stream music from Plex through Sonos many hours every day and my house has been silent today because all I see on every controller is “Unable to browse music.”

I removed the Plex account from Sonos and added it back several times. I’ve rebooted my Plex server and everything else in my house it seems. I’m at my wits end for getting this to work.

At my end, it has begun working again. Have no idea why. All I can report is when it is working it is a tremendous improvement over what was in place before.

@Fletchesus said:
At my end, it has begun working again. Have no idea why. All I can report is when it is working it is a tremendous improvement over what was in place before.

I guess I’ll just wait it out then? Thanks.

By the way, how is it better than what was before? Curious because I never had any issues until now.

@Pupator - I am noticing the speed with which the tracks load, track transitions without gaps, quicker loading of artwork, quicker surfing between artists, etc. Overall, much quicker. Not as "laggy".

@Fletchesus said:
@Pupator - I am noticing the speed with which the tracks load, track transitions without gaps, quicker loading of artwork, quicker surfing between artists, etc. Overall, much quicker. Not as "laggy".

That would be great! Thanks