Selecting subtitles and audio stream

plex-vr

The settings in the VR app are only for selecting stuff like how the video is displayed, and 3D. It seems it's lacking basic video settings like subtitle and audio stream? If it doesn't I cant find it :)

Also, on the release announcements it stated that if 2 version of a movie was available, it would select the 3D one. In my case, it doesn't. If you need logs about this case please tell me which one :)

@cbjerg said:
The settings in the VR app are only for selecting stuff like how the video is displayed, and 3D. It seems it’s lacking basic video settings like subtitle and audio stream? If it doesn’t I cant find it :slight_smile:

It doesn’t at this time

Also, on the release announcements it stated that if 2 version of a movie was available, it would select the 3D one. In my case, it doesn’t. If you need logs about this case please tell me which one :slight_smile:

is your 3D file named with the 3D-SBS at the end like Avatar (2009) 3D-SBS.mkv ?

It is not. It is named 3D.BluRay.Half-OU.mkv at the end
I will try that

Now this latest media server update has stopped my 3d movies working on my tv. Do I need to rename those. This needs to be more clearly advertised during updates

@doophreys said:
Now this latest media server update has stopped my 3d movies working on my tv. Do I need to rename those. This needs to be more clearly advertised during updates

Plex Media server does nothing with 3D, and has not had any changes based on it at all. Only our Plex VR app can see that it is 3D. Renaming your files will do absolutely nothing unless you are using the Plex VR app.

FWIW, I’ve ended up creating a separate library for 3D content - it helps isolate things a bit better for Plex VR and when I search for content to cast to my TV it allows me to choose the 3D vs. 2D version. I’d love for Plex VR to have better stream selection controls, and for other Plex clients to process the 3D tag a bit better (including real-time conversion to 2D so I just need one copy), but this is a reasonable workaround for me.