Shuffling Music Libraries

roku

Something I've been hoping for is better ability to shuffle music either in an entire library or folder.  I can contort the existing app to do this by doing a blank search and then play/shuffle the results, but I don't see a way with the new app, and would like it to be a simple menu option.

also, did I miss how to search within my server or library?  Can;t find that at all.

You can play or shuffle directly from an Artists screen or Album screen (there is a button on the left hand side). You can also shuffle/unshuffle the music from the Now Playing screen while your music is playing. We are looking to further improve and add features, so it's definitely not complete. For example, you may want to shuffle the entire music section. While that is not possible from the Roku interface yet, you can use Plex Companion and cast the entire library, shuffled, to your Roku.

Search is not available yet, but is on the list.

Something I've been hoping for is better ability to shuffle music either in an entire library or folder.  I can contort the existing app to do this by doing a blank search and then play/shuffle the results, but I don't see a way with the new app, and would like it to be a simple menu option.

also, did I miss how to search within my server or library?  Can;t find that at all.

Yes, casting via my phone app is my preferred method today since there is no native functionality within the app, but some of those I share the music library with do not have that option. 

Has crossfade been implemented like in PHT?

Has crossfade been implemented like in PHT?

No. PHT has much more control over the actual audio player, which makes something like that possible. I'm not going to say that it'll absolutely never happen, but it's toward the very hard/impossible end of the spectrum, so I'm afraid it won't be coming soon.

“For example, you may want to shuffle the entire music section. While that is not possible from the Roku interface yet, you can use Plex Companion and cast the entire library, shuffled, to your Roku.”

Have not been able to figure that out.