Some movies wont start!

samsung-smart-hub

Hey! Thanks for a great app :)

My problem is that some movies won't start at all. I am coming to loading screen and then a black screen. The movie won't start play. The same movies won't start on the iOS app either.

Are there any settings that's need to be changed?

It works fine on the regular media center on the computer (over wifi and local computer).

Maybe I am in the wrong forum, but I give it a try :)

Thanks!

Is the movie format compatible with your TV?

[quote name='babben33' timestamp='1354217724' post='317791']

Hey! Thanks for a great app :)

My problem is that some movies won't start at all. I am coming to loading screen and then a black screen. The movie won't start play. The same movies won't start on the iOS app either.

Are there any settings that's need to be changed?

It works fine on the regular media center on the computer (over wifi and local computer).

Maybe I am in the wrong forum, but I give it a try :)

Thanks!

[/quote]

If it doesn't start on iOS then something is wrong with that movie.

It's more than one movie! And it works on the regular media center?

Apparently the TV doesn't like your movie formats, so you won't be able to play them directly.

The transcoding function will not work either since that is also used for playback on IOS.

Since it works on the PC, you are probably using VIDEO_TS or ISO files, and those are not support when streaming the content to the Samsung.

[quote name='Orca' timestamp='1354231255' post='317914']

Apparently the TV doesn't like your movie formats, so you won't be able to play them directly.

However you can turn on transcoding to see if the PMS can transcode them into an stream that the TV will understand.

Note: Your server needs to be fast to be able to use this! (not a NAS).

[/quote]

Sorry, but kinda depends on the NAS, IMHO :P

To transcode a high-resolution movie, you'll need at least an Intel i3 CPU in your NAS

List of NAS for Plex

Personally, I'm using a Qnap TS-869, and it does handle 720p with DST okay, but does have problems with 1080p movies from time to time

/T

[quote name='dane22' timestamp='1354231516' post='317918']

Sorry, but kinda depends on the NAS, IMHO :P

To transcode a high-resolution movie, you'll need at least an Intel i3 CPU in your NAS

List of NAS for Plex

Personally, I'm using a Qnap TS-869, and it does handle 720p with DST okay, but does have problems with 1080p movies from time to time

/T

[/quote]

I was editing my reply before I saw your post ^^

It's mkv, which works splendid on other movies :)

Dts doldby, both works. I tried to delete the movie then add it again. Won't help :/

[quote name='babben33' timestamp='1354260273' post='318045']

It's mkv, which works splendid on other movies :)

Dts doldby, both works. I tried to delete the movie then add it again. Won't help :/

[/quote]

Do note that mkv is a container format, NOT a codec. So if the codec used in the container is not supported, you won't be able to play the file.

Ok! Ill figure something out!

Thanks for support!

:)

I am having the same problem since the latest update. What’s up with that?
I have an LG 3D LED 65" TV-65LM6200.
QNAP TS-251+ 2 Bay NAS Raid 16GB Memory.

I have an LG 3D LED 65" TV-65LM6200.

So why are you looking for help in the Samsung part of the forum on this?