Sometimes subtitles from a different language are mixed with the selected one.

android-tv
fire-tv

Tonight I was watching the movie Race when I noticed suddenly some Dutch subtitles appeared before the English subtitles. It was to quick to tell if it was the correct subtitles but this seems like a bug. After one or two sentences it disappears. Then after a while it comes back again. I have Plex on NVIDIA SHIELD TV, running plex server 1.7.4. I'm on the latest version of the client for Android TV.

Does your file use external subs or internal? What is the subtitle file format (.ass/.srt)?

I confirm it happens (well, at least happened the last time I played a movie) to me too on my Bravia with Android 7.0. The subs are usually the ones automatically downloaded from opensubtitles (for sure the Italian ones because I never add any manually). I've noticed that skipping back before the position they merged they get fixed, and don't get mixed again.

@simon_lefisch said:
Does your file use external subs or internal? What is the subtitle file format (.ass/.srt)?

external subs. The file format is SRT.

@"Jecht Sin" said:
I confirm it happens (well, at least happened the last time I played a movie) to me too on my Bravia with Android 7.0. The subs are usually the ones automatically downloaded from opensubtitles (for sure the Italian ones because I never add any manually). I've noticed that skipping back before the position they merged they get fixed, and don't get mixed again.

I have the same thing. Also downloaded the subs from opensubtitles. Very weird. Never had it before.

It happened again last night. As soon as I skipped back 10 seconds it disappeared. Also another issue I had in general with subtitles is that when multiple subtitles are present (locally and from opensubtitles) sometime selecting an English sub I get an Italian one. Others I get nothing. Quite a mess, honestly.

I confirm the problem. See this thread :
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/260677/mixed-up-subtitles-in-nvidia-shield-player#latest

Ah, I tried to find another thread, but couldn't find it. I will continue to add to that threat when I encounter more problems. Thanks