Songs start playing from the middle

ios

Streaming songs from albums on my server, often the next song starts playing from the middle.

iPhone 6S Plus
iOS 11.0.1
Plex 4.18

I am having the exact same issue. Not sure if it’s something to do with stopping the song previously half way through it and it remembering the position.

Not on iOS tho but I have the same problem with PLEX web since recently. So this seems to be a PMS problem and not of the client?

Do you have the “Store track progress” setting on your music library set? If so, if you listen to half a song the next time it plays it is going to pick up at that point. This setting is more for audiobooks than regular music and you should probably turn it off.

@adamskoog said:
Do you have the “Store track progress” setting on your music library set? If so, if you listen to half a song the next time it plays it is going to pick up at that point. This setting is more for audiobooks than regular music and you should probably turn it off.

Sorry, where do I check for that?

Click the ‘…’ next to your music library -> Edit. Go to the Advanced tab and it will be the 3rd checkbox from the top. I don’t believe it is enabled by default, but would certainly cause what you are seeing.

@adamskoog said:
Click the ‘…’ next to your music library -> Edit. Go to the Advanced tab and it will be the 3rd checkbox from the top. I don’t believe it is enabled by default, but would certainly cause what you are seeing.

You’ve nailed it! It was selected! Maybe Plex has changed that to be a default setting… thanks!

Cool, glad we got you squared away. :slight_smile: