Sonos v2.0.5 update does not work

sonos

Plex-Sonos integration no longer works. Shuffle all gives an error of “lost connection to server”, try to play a single song.. gives an error of “an error occurred while adding to the queue (701)”. Completely dead in the water. Looked for update via sonos, nada, removed and re-added, nada.

Yeah, just when I finally got the previous version working (after a stupid amount of networkery), the Plex geniuses release a fully broken implementation.

I want the developers to post video of their “working” setup. If nothing else I could at least know that somebody is able able to get this working.

Until they rewrite the plug-in to authenticate from a local Plex server and not over the internet, I don’t think we’ll ever have a good experience.

Same problem here. Plex / Sonos was working fine yesterday, but as of this morning I get the “an error occurred while adding to the queue (701)” error. Browsing my media library works fine. I can see my Artists, Albums and Playlists. I just can’t actually stream any music to my Sonos from my PMS.

There’s an update going out now, v2.0.6, that should address playback issues when your PMS is set to require secure connections.

The caveat is that if your router has DNS rebinding protection playback will still fail. In this case try setting your PMS to only prefer secure connections vs require them.

Hi have the same issue. Was working fine until version 2.0.5 came out. I have disabled SSL and it still doesn’t work. Is there any logs any anything would need to trouble shoot this.

Working perfectly fine here - SSL settings on “required” and DNS rebinding for *.plex.direct whitelisted in my router.
Using standard port 32400 (forward set manually) and the default (auto-generated) SSL-Cert.

Just seeing that I’m already on 2.0.6 though.
2.0.5 did work with SSL settings set to “preferred”.

Not working here either I have tried the above suggestions but no music will play browsing library is fine… I hope this can be fixed soon.

Yeah, no change, still DOA.

I am having the same problems too.

I have set my dns to allow rebinding for plex.direct. I have made sure that my hairpin-nat is configured and working correctly.

I have removed the service from Sonos, and re-added it, confirming that I have version 2.0.6. Still doesn’t work.

I can browse my library fine, but when I go to play anything I get error 701.

+1 on the DOA. Still able to browse the library, but not able to play anything. Results in the Sonos 701 error.

@johnclayton said:
There’s an update going out now, v2.0.6, that should address playback issues when your PMS is set to require secure connections.

The caveat is that if your router has DNS rebinding protection playback will still fail. In this case try setting your PMS to only prefer secure connections vs require them.

Hi, I set my secure connections to preferred. I can use sonos to play my admin account without problem.
But when I used sonos to play my managed user account. The 701 error is still there.
Do you know if there is a solution to that?

@oldluke92 said:
Just seeing that I’m already on 2.0.6 though.
2.0.5 did work with SSL settings set to “preferred”.

Sorry to go off topic, but how do check to see what version?

Earlier in the week I was able to stream Plex to my Sonos speakers. I can still browse Plex, but anytime I try and add a song to the queue I get the 701 Queue error with the Plex on Sonos app. I can stream Amazon Music to the Sonos speakers and I can stream my Plex music to my phone. My router was configured properly as Plex on Sonos was working fine.

Note: I also have a post on the Sonos forums as well.

To come in with a slightly different experience, as of this morning, REQUIRED under Secure Connections now allows me to listen to Plex For Sonos again, as it was three days ago.

I’ve got the same problem. Since 2.0.5 I can no longer stream a single media file to Sonos.
I’ve tried the usual high level steps:

• remove, add and re-authorize
  • no, preferred, requested secure connections
  • full remote access, local only
  • NAT hairpinning
  • rebinding via dnsmasq

all to no avail. 2.0.6 doesn’t work, too. Now, I love networking and I consider my home a personal TCP/IP lab, but this is getting a joke. every now and then, updates require to tinker with my network, ACL, nat rules, dnsmasq. I know the problem relies in how the Sonos speakers work, too, but this all seems a by-the-book contradiction to the programming KISS principle. While waiting for a functional plugin I’ll stream audiobooks for the children via the Xplay app in the living room (yes, not even on a smart tv does the official app work without glitches, too).

Is there a paper describing the full auth/stream process without requiring me to debug it via wireshark and code review? This should be a commodity, not my house-time job :-p

Also getting 701 queue errors since update.

Also now getting 701 errors. It started between songs mid album. I reinstalled the app/reinitialized Plex in the app and got it to work for three more songs and then it crapped out again. Submitted a Sonos diagnostic, hopefully someone will figure it out!

Message I am receiving, as well, is “Unable to add songs to the Queue”.

@Fletchesus said:
Message I am receiving, as well, is “Unable to add songs to the Queue”.

I’ve gotten this for 2+ years (whenever the first Beta came out) on anything over around 1200 songs or more. A current playlist of 1,100 works fine as of this morning, after the update.