Sorry having trouble accessing to your Plex skill right now

alexa
voice-control

Alexa can find my server and web player. When I ask it to play movie etc it says "Sorry having trouble accessing to your Plex skill right now" however if I play the movie manually it will pause and resume no problem.
I cannot think what it could be.

Same exact issue here. On latest version of the server and latest Shield TV client.

Everything is setup, server and player are set. It will say “having trouble accessing your plex skill” but if I manually start a video, just the player commands (play/stop/resume/pause) work just fine. Has to be some kind of bug in either the skill or the latest server app.

Is your Plex Server also on your Shield TV? I have my server on a dedicated computer and I haven’t had any issues with my Alexa/Plex skill in a long time. If we can isolate the issue to the actual server application that will help the devs figure out what’s going on.

In my case, Plex Server is on a desktop and I use plex.tv to play it.

@kegobeer-plex said:
Is your Plex Server also on your Shield TV? I have my server on a dedicated computer and I haven’t had any issues with my Alexa/Plex skill in a long time. If we can isolate the issue to the actual server application that will help the devs figure out what’s going on.

Plex server is on a local windows file server. Everything except Alexa is working great… and like I said, the server/etc are lined up because it does actually respond to player commands like stop/pause/resume. It just chokes when asked to play or do anything specific.

Same here. Can play tracks, but askingnfor albums gets the “having trouble contacting your Plex skill” message. This is obviously a long standing problem, please can it be fixed?

I have this same situation. I can’t believe in more than a year, not one Plex employee has come in with an answer. This is just a ridiculous situation which should have been fixed/answered in 2017. Shame.

Been having the same issue, echo dot 2 with qnap 453a

+1 Amazon Echo Plus, local Win 10 (64bit) Plex server