Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing the plex skill right now.

alexa
voice-control

I have been searching the internet for hours and have not found a consistent solution.

I am using an echo dot and amazon fire tv stick 2nd generation. The Plex skill has been enabled through the ios Alex App. The Plex server is accessible outside via opening the default Plex server port.

"Alexa, ask Plex to change my server" works great every time. She sees 2 servers.
"Alexa, ask Plex to change my player" also works great. If chrome is running she sees two players. If not she sees the the primary player which is "AFTT"

Those are the only ask Plex commands that work though. Every other command is met with "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing the plex skill right now".

Example of commands that do not work:
"Alexa, ask Plex what's on deck"
"Alexa, ask Plex to play game of thrones"

I have tried restarting all devices and disabling and enabling the Plex skill to no avail. Amazon states that this is an issue with Plex and that I need to contact their support.

Is anyone able to help me?

I am having the exact same issue. Would be great if someone can assist with this.
Thanks.

This started for me a couple of days ago, prior to that I could ask Alexa to get Plex to play music by an artist and it would work, now I just get this message all the time :(

I,m the same. It "used" to work but then stopped. What did they change that broke a working system?

Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing the plex skill right now is an Amazon error that indicates Alexa couldn't access the skill servers. We're not sure why this is happening and are working with Amazon to figure out what's going on.

7 days later any answer? I paid for a system, instead I have a heap of electronic junk on my worktop. You're ability to communicate and to keep your customers up to date seems to be severely limited.

I expect a formal answer to this because otherwise...

@Sland12s said:
7 days later any answer? I paid for a system, instead I have a heap of electronic junk on my worktop. You're ability to communicate and to keep your customers up to date seems to be severely limited.

I expect a formal answer to this because otherwise...

Do everyone a favor and read before ranting......

Ignoring SiscoPlex, any update on this. A month of working with Amazon surely must have turned up something.
SiscoPlex, dont bother replying!

I have literally the exact same issue and have had this issue for days. I can ask plex to change player, change server (it sees all that just fine) and I can even ask plex to pause if i'm watching a video and it will pause/play, but anything else results in the "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing the plex skill right now." Remote access is set up and works fine from the internet.

I have the same issue but for me it started months ago but only in regards to music playback but has since degraded to that I can do nothing with Plex via Alexa.