Sorting movies by year and by date added, gives different totals

server-windows

If I sort my movies by year, I get a total, but if I sort by date added, I get a different total. WHY?

Maybe it has something to do with collections. Can we please, stop Plex from listing collections, when I select to view all movies. Very annoying, especially when I see collections that say 0 movies and two others for the same series of movies

the number you see indicates the number of items in this view, not the number of movies.
so yes… this has indeed to do with the collections as they won’t be included in every view.

as for empty collections… just go and delete them.
if you don’t want to do that but still fix appearances, you can also vote for the related feature request to hide collections if they have e.g. less than 1 item.
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/304176/collections-minimum-threshold

@Andy541960 said:
Can we please, stop Plex from listing collections, when I select to view all movies.

You can do that yourself.
Edit your movie library, go to the Advanced tab and set collections to disabled.

Cheers… OttoKerner that solved the problem and tom80H for the suggestion to vote for the feature to hide collections if they have less than 1 item, I’ll certainly be doing that