Status bar is popping up at random times

smart-tv

Thanks for the logs @giorojas - Could you tell me what is being displayed on this pop up and where it appears and how frequent? I presume this did not happen before.

the popup occurs approximately every 5 minutes and is displayed for about 2-3 seconds

@giorojas said:
the popup occurs approximately every 5 minutes and is displayed for about 2-3 seconds

and says what ?

It is the status bar of plex, is shown from the bottom for 2-3 seconds and is automatically hidden

I have Windows Phone, iOS, PS4 and LG Cliente, only show in LG Cliente every 5 minutes (aprox)

Attach video (see 4:39) and last debug files (Versión 1.5.0.3501)

@giorojas said:
Attach video (see 4:39) and last debug files (Versión 1.5.0.3501)

Thank you. Will discuss this with the development team

I’m also definitely experiencing the same thing. Seems very random but this started for me just a few weeks ago. This only seems to be affecting playback on my Vizio TV.

I got the same issue on my lg smart tv sinds few weeks ago.

hello, any solution, any update?

It’s been over a month now, anybody want to fix it?

@eki2002 said:
It’s been over a month now, anybody want to fix it?

Will try and find out the status.

How often does the bar pop up ?

Same problem on Vizio E500i-B1. Randomly a small box in the middle pops up for a couple seconds and menu bar on top and bottom pops up. Seems random and lasts for random times.

@JDubbedN said:
Same problem on Vizio E500i-B1. Randomly a small box in the middle pops up for a couple seconds and menu bar on top and bottom pops up. Seems random and lasts for random times.

Could you tell what shows in the middle of screen pop up? The top bar we have established has the episode info plus the clock. And is this every 5 minutes or so

@sa2000 the box in the middle is i think a round edged rectangle outline in orange with a couple dots. Like this (…)

It may indicate a loading symbol of some sorts but there isn’t video playback problems while the box is visible.

I don’t think there’s been a fix for this. I’m using plex via an LG TV. I am getting the UI screen pop up every 5-10 minutes. It’s equivalent to pressing the INFO button. Top of screen the video that’s playing, bottom of the screen timer, progress bar and FF/REW etc options. I’m not getting the three dots in the middle of the screen.

It is very distracting and even the wife is now moaning about it!

Ok, pretty sure no one is looking at this, but:

It doesn’t happen on every video I watch…I’m trying to see if there’s a way of working out if it’s a specific media type…BUT, is anyone else still seeing this with an LG TV or is it something that I have to live with?

@pcough said:

It doesn’t happen on every video I watch…I’m trying to see if there’s a way of working out if it’s a specific media type…BUT, is anyone else still seeing this with an LG TV or is it something that I have to live with?

The problem is with the development team. Any information as to what makes it happen and what does not, would be of great help

@sa2000 said:

@pcough said:

The problem is with the development team. Any information as to what makes it happen and what does not, would be of great help

Shows recorded using h264 720p/2800 data rate with h.264 video AAC or DD audio play back fine as do SD quality shows at various data rates. Shows I classify as “action” and encoded at 3200 data rates automatically displays the (. . .) in the center of the screen with the overlay controls at the bottom. Shows and movies with higher data rates also fail to play without the menus popping up. The menu stays on the screen nearly as long as its absent.
My PMS shows that both video and audio are direct play. Switching my Vizio Plex client to transcode at lower data rates helps, but quality IS sacrificed.
Playing back the same content on my Xbox 360 via Plex has no issues. Also, video is direct stream/play and audio is either direct play or transcode.
All devices are connected via physical Ethernet (1G router and switch). I before running the cable, I as using a HomePlug 1Gb power line connection. Both connections have same issue.
Re HomePlug: the connection to my PC running PMS and Windows Media Center is sufficient to playback live 1080i or 720p MPEG2 content as well as very height data rate encoded Blu-rays (h.264 5200)