stop annoying suggestions.....

alexa
voice-control

Hi, its bad enough that Alexa/plex doesnt recognize half of my collection even though plex does but to be constantly be asked, why dont I play this, "shall I play something new" all the time when it doesnt recognize something is driving my insane, i've nearly chucked the damn thing across the room several times.

We need an option for straight playback, no advice, no questions asked. If plex cant find that, a "this isnt in your library" will suffice. It suspect however when Alexa suggestion playing something from amazon that an issue with the Alexa side but surely the Plex team has control of what Alexa says when you try play something or something fails to play?

This is so close to being something i'd use every day but its becoming infuriating.

seriously nobody?, cant be many people using this then as I have this problem constantly, cant just be me.

I'm having the same problem. I give Alexa the command..."Alexa, ask Plex to play Pink Floyd" as an example & she responses like "I'm in your head, I know you just want to listen to the same thing over & over, but can I suggest..." and then she goes on suggesting other bands or songs one after another after I keep saying NO to her suggestions every time.

She just doesn't take NO for an answer. How do we make her stop!!! Just PLAY the song that I want from my own music library on my computer through the Plex Server!

I think I found a "fix" to this problem... it's all in how you ask the question to Alexa. If I want to listen to Pink Floyd's album "Wish You Were Here", you need to phrase it this way... Alexa, Ask Plex to play the album "Wish You Were Here"
Alexa will then play that Album directly & will NOT suggest to play anything similar or in the same genre. You need to add the words "Play the Album". This seems to work for me in any case... for now! :)

JLB1109, unfortunately, that doesn't work either. I request a specific song, and I may get it, or may get a bunch of random suggestions, including watching TV shows. Let's see...I asked to play music, so that must mean I want to watch TV.

I agree this is super annoying. If there is no way to stop it, it'll be the end of Plex on Alexa.

its not that alexa gets it wrong that bothers me, its still in the early stages, this will get better, its all the sh!te we have to put up with when she does, why dont i play this, you're half way through this, shall i play this, I cant find that, why dont I play this instead, etc etc etc. I want to be able to turn this crap off on just have a beep when she doesnt understand. I hope when Brief mode comes to the UK it might help here.

another way to put this is, when you ask Alexa to play something and she doesnt understand properly, whats the first thing you want to do? - obviously its ask it again in the same way or a different way, you dont want to be bombarded with suggestions when all you want to do is say it again.

I've asked Alexa to ask Plex to play music by Pink. "I'm sorry, I can't find any music by Pink in your library. Would you like to hear some music by Pink?" :s