Streaming from Plex App to Sonos

sonos

I see a streaming sign in my plex app (on Android 8) and want it to stream to my Sonos (as I have read in an advertisement, that it is possible to use the plex app and let it play on Sonos!). Under the streaming sign, I see all my Sonos devices. But when I choose one it says "cannot connect to xxx" . As Plex offers much more information to songs than the Sonos App this was the reason why I signed up with Plex. I know, I can play music from the plex library with my sonos app. But that is not what I intend.
Any hints to play music from inside the Plex app on Sonos?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but casting from a Plex app to a Sonos device is not currently supported. While the Sonos devices show up in the cast menu on Android, that is not intentional and I’ve yet to figure out if it’s something we can fix or if it’s in Google’s Cast SDK.

Plex used to work from Sonos when the Media Server was on my laptop, but it stopped working after I moved the server to a WD NAS. Now I get a message that there is no server available. The Plex Media player plays file from the NAS on both PC and Android, and it can ‘see’ the Sonos speakers but not connect to them. So it seems Sonos and Plex are aware of each other, but they’re just not talking!