Suddenly getting "Server settings are unavailable" from all devices and users

server-qnap

WTF. It was working fine yesterday. All I've done is added some items to the library and now I can't get into settings at all. Haven't been able to find anything relevant by searching....

It sounds like your server isn't signed in anymore or is somehow signed into a different username ?

If you check "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Library/Plex Media Server/Preferences.xml", it will show you the username it's currently signed in with.

@ChuckPA said:
It sounds like your server isn't signed in anymore or is somehow signed into a different username ?

If you check "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Library/Plex Media Server/Preferences.xml", it will show you the username it's currently signed in with.

From that file, PlexOnlineUsername is my username and the only username I've ever used with it...

You'll need to run down the list of things to check:

1. You've checked the server
  2. What about your browser? If in doubt, sign it out and back into the same account as the server
  3. When those fail, here are the next steps. https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/204281528-Why-am-I-locked-out-of-Server-Settings-and-how-do-I-get-in-

What fixed it was stopping and restarting Plex. Still bemused why it happened though...

agreed.. that sounds very odd, especially for qnap