[SUPPORT] Feedback / Bugs & Suggestions

night

I'll try the accent color changes you mention, though I see a conflict of needs here.

I think the accent colors are a nice touch and make this skin a little bit more personal and diversified(?) ... and the overlays are fitting in the accent color category pretty well. But as already mentioned, I'm thinking about a neutral, accent color independent option for the overlays ... (some kind of grayish color)

On the show posters we want minimum 'glare' of the overlays, since the unwatched 'count' digits are the main indicators anyway. But on show episodes the overlay itself is the only indicator of the watched/unwatched status, so it needs to be more prominent.

No, I see no need for all of that.

I can understand that, but that's your personal preference  ... but there are plenty of people out there (including me) who want graphical overlays for tvshow and season views, so I have to try to make everybody happy. This is why I think that my suggestion should work best, just give the user full control over where to display overlays ...

Btw: I wonder how the new PHT 1.0 will affect your continued work on this skin.

I've not yet installed that new PHT version, but I guess it may have a lot of modified skinning details...

I've already installed PHT 1.0 and night looks pretty functional to me ... all I've noticed are some missing links in the main menu (settings, quit, ...) and some animation problems with channel/shared content views.

So basically the next version will be fully PHT 1.0 compatible and from that point on no longer working with versions below that. This version bump gives me hope that we see a public release pretty soon.

I think the accent colors are a nice touch and make this skin a little bit more personal and diversified(?) ... and the overlays are fitting in the accent color category pretty well. But as already mentioned, I'm thinking about a neutral, accent color independent option for the overlays ... (some kind of grayish color)

That sounds fine to me, and once I changed the accent color to "Steel" I was quite happy with the result of keeping the overlays enabled even for the posters.

I can understand that, but that's your personal preference  ... but there are plenty of people out there (including me) who want graphical overlays for tvshow and season views, so I have to try to make everybody happy. This is why I think that my suggestion should work best, just give the user full control over where to display overlays ...

Oh, I naturally agree with that too.

I just wanted to make it clear that I don't require such full control myself in this case.

I've already installed PHT 1.0 and night looks pretty functional to me ... all I've noticed are some missing links in the main menu (settings, quit, ...)

I too have installed it now, on my main Win7_x64 PC as well as on my Win7_x86 laptop.

Apparently they've removed the support for having those 'Settings' and 'Quit' commands in the main menu.
But having them in side menus or context menus works fine. (Tested both in your 'Night' and in the 'Amber' skin.)

So for the "Quit" command you don't really need to change anything, as you have it in the context menu of the main menu. You do need to fix access to the settings menu though, and perhaps some fixes to your settings menus are also needed not just for the latest PHT but also for the two preceding it.

I have PHT 0.9.10.1 on an XP computer (the last XP-compatible PHT version), using it with your latest 'Night' skin. But going through all the settings menus I can find nowhere to modify the global ViewMode settings. The text in the main 'Settings' menu states that some of the submenus can be used for choosing the list modes, but that is not the case. Those settings seem to be 'blocked' from showing up in the skin, much like the commands that are blocked from the main menu in the latest PHT. (Or perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place, having forgot how I configured 'Wall' mode for global use on my newer computers... ;) If so, a 'heads-up' on where to find these configs would be appreciated.)

and some animation problems with channel/shared content views.

It's not just an animation problem. I tried several channels that work fine with 'Night' (even on PHT 1.0), but with the original new 'Plex' skin all playback of those channels' videos failed completely.

So basically the next version will be fully PHT 1.0 compatible and from that point on no longer working with versions below that.

That's both good and bad news. Good about the improved compatibility with the new version (obviously), but very bad news for anyone who wants to keep using PHT on a computer running WinXP (or Win2000/Win2003 server), since new PHT versions are not compatible with these OS.

This version bump gives me hope that we see a public release pretty soon.

That was the stated objective in the release post, so it probably will happen fairly soon.

But I hope they improve some features before such a public release. (especially channels)

Best regards: dlanor

update:

I'm making good progress, there are just a few outstanding bugs before I'm going to release a fully working version of night for PHT 1.0+ ... expect it in about 2-3 days!

cheers

P.S: does somebody know how to change the thread title? is it even possible without a mod?

Night v1.0 is now ready to download ...

Known Issues:

• Recently Used - Channel Deck is not working correctly (could also crash PHT), looks like a PHT problem but I'm not sure yet ... Please use the channel page directly for accessing channels for now!
  • Search Page sometimes crashes, still some glitches ...

Release Notes:

• 9 Home Items are now default. If you used 9 items before v1.0 you will end up with 5 items on start, please re-adjust your skin settings.

Have Fun!

P.S: does somebody know how to change the thread title? is it even possible without a mod?

Changed title for you, and the OSX path in the 7th post as it was incorrect.

Thanks for great work on the skin!

Changed title for you, and the OSX path in the 7th post as it was incorrect.

Thanks for great work on the skin!

thanks!

while I'm already working on the next version, here is a sneak peek of the new dialog design I came up with which will be consistent across the whole skin. Hope you like it!

(New skin selection with black background on purpose to see it better)

I suggest changing that simulated 'led/lcd-segment' font slightly, so that each "1" doesn't look like a "7".

Best regards: dlanor

how are you supposed to name logos with : in windows, it says to use / but windows doesn't allow / in file names.

Is there no way this can be changed to load logo.png from the show directory like xbmc?

thanks
Stu

how are you supposed to name logos with : in windows, it says to use / but windows doesn't allow / in file names.

Is there no way this can be changed to load logo.png from the show directory like xbmc?

thanks
Stu

Unfortunately there is no other way to do this with PHT but you can replace/remove the colon in the title via plex web ...

• Go to your Plex Server Web Frontend (http://plexserver:32400/web)

• Select your TV Show (e.g. Terminator: The Sarah ...) and hit "Edit" in the left side menu

• Remove the colon in the Title or replace it with something windows likes  (e.g. "Terminator, The Sarah ....")

• Rename your logo filename accordingly

cya

Hi,

Great skin, by far my favourite so far for Plex. Just one issue that keeps bugging; I'm not sure if this is a skin issue or PHT. (sorry if I am repeating issues you are ware of)

With some movie Studio Logos the logo simply shows as a white block, seems to work with most (WB for example) but others always shows as a white block? do you know why this is?

One other thing I've noticed is when you click to view all unwatched for TV shows and I have it set up as Poster view for both tv show and seasons menu (works fine with clicking All shows), on unwatched once you click the show from poster view the seasons revert to list view apart from for the first tv show on my list.

Hi,

Great skin, by far my favourite so far for Plex. Just one issue that keeps bugging; I'm not sure if this is a skin issue or PHT. (sorry if I am repeating issues you are ware of)

With some movie Studio Logos the logo simply shows as a white block, seems to work with most (WB for example) but others always shows as a white block? do you know why this is?

Studio, Rating and Mediaflag Images are (normally) served by PMS and not by the skin itself. I'm pretty sure plex developers are aware of this issue ... maybe it's some kind of legal/permission issue or just not important enough to fix right now.

One other thing I've noticed is when you click to view all unwatched for TV shows and I have it set up as Poster view for both tv show and seasons menu (works fine with clicking All shows), on unwatched once you click the show from poster view the seasons revert to list view apart from for the first tv show on my list.

View states are also managed by PHT but I will look into this issue more deeply ...

Next Version Update:

I wanted to release a new version of the skin before christmas but there is still too much to do ... it's going to be a pretty big update (in terms of code changes), with lots of small fixes and some new features like filters, sorting, preplay screen, 5 different OSD modes, new styled dialogs/viewtype selection, new background customizer  to change/enable : kenburns effect, haze effect, fadetime between images, time per image, opacity, custom image, custom slideshow) and more ...

Happy Holidays everyone!

Cant wait to test for a new version :) Keep up the good work!

I just wanted to say thanks to bkury for all your hard work on this skin.  This was my favorite skin for XBMC when I was using it on my HTPC.  I was staying on PMC just for the sake of having a decent skin but now that I've found Night again I quickly upgraded all my clients to the latest PHT and the Night skin.  I can say that it is working flawlessly for me so far.  The animations/transitions are smooth.  The fanart and poster views are fantastic.  Thanks again!

Tony

thanks guys!

small update: I guess that the new version will be ready in about 1-2 weeks, depending on how much free time I have to work on it ... in the meantime here is another screenshot of the new viewtype/filter/sort/options screen. (all dialogs shown, default accent color, some things might change in the final version)

Thank you so much for your work on this skin. It really is in my opinion the best Plex skin Ive seen. Do you have any plans to add a pre play screen like in the default PHT skin?

Thank you so much for your work on this skin. It really is in my opinion the best Plex skin Ive seen. Do you have any plans to add a pre play screen like in the default PHT skin?

thanks! yes, there will be a preplay screen option in the upcoming version with 3 different modes: off (default), show before and/or after playback ...

Awesome! Look forward to it. Thanks

I agree, great stuff, has been working flawlessly for me. Another question though, do you plan on showing different server names? I have cloud sync setup and I can't tell the difference between my two TV Shows section.

yes, show servername option will also be available in the upcoming version ...

Great! Can't wait for the update.