Team Coco Channel

Quick question - the Team Coco channel (Conan show) has Full Episodes on the iOS Plex apps, but not on PLEX HT (full episodes is not an option).

Is there anyway this can be fixed?

Thanks

The channel is set up to not show full episodes for certain clients. So something about the format of those full episodes on that site are not compatible with those clients. That is why they are not visible. Unless something has changed, making them viewable will just cause errors when you try to play them on those clients.

So the channel is designed to only show full episodes on mobile devices?

Funny they would design it that way

It's a matter of the type of streams that they (meaning the provider sending the videos for Team Coco) use and the fact that only iOS is able to handle them, it's not just an arbitrary choice that was made when they were created.  PHT (and some other clients) are not capable of displaying the types of video required.

It's a matter of the type of streams that they (meaning the provider sending the videos for Team Coco) use and the fact that only iOS is able to handle them, it's not just an arbitrary choice that was made when they were created.  PHT (and some other clients) are not capable of displaying the types of video required.

It's also worth noting that PMS is not capable of transcoding this type of stream. Therefore, only clients which can handle it on their own will be able to play it.

the plexht on windows was playing the full episodes of Conan before just fine.  did team coco change their method of encoding?  i would think the client on windows would be able to play anything a mobile device can?  this seems odd to me.

I can use my Android phone and cast the full episode link to PHT on Windows and it plays fine.  I even go so far as to completely disconnect the Android app after the video starts playing on the WIndows client and close the app, and it still continues to play fine on the Windows client.

So why aren't the full episodes on the Windows version of the Team Coco channel?

Sounds like a bug in the windows version of PHT to me.

I stand corrected, it's not a bug, PHT is deliberately excluded from these ones because (I think) it's not capable of playing the encrypted format that is used for them.  So not a bug but it seems like it's something that PHT is incapable of handling.

I want to log my thanks for this channel. I use this channel literally every day on my Roku client. It is very disappointing that it doesn't work with Plex HT , but I guess it is what it is.

Any one getting the message "Not items to display: This directory appears to be empty" ? I've been getting this on all my clients: Phone, Roku, Web...not sure what's going on but I miss Team Coco. Any suggestions? I have deleted my team coco channel and re-installed to no avail. 

Any one getting the message "Not items to display: This directory appears to be empty" ? I've been getting this on all my clients: Phone, Roku, Web...not sure what's going on but I miss Team Coco. Any suggestions? I have deleted my team coco channel and re-installed to no avail. 

The channel is currently broken (they changed the website a couple of days ago). Fixing is on the todo list. The URL Service (used for the bookmarklet) has already been updated.

Hope it's fixed soon too as this is one of my favorite channels!

+1 for Team Coco channel gratitude in past and because my wife is sad now that it's broken.

Using Roku, for the record. 

Fixed! But currently full episodes only, until I've completely figured out how this new site pulls in data.

Fixed! But currently full episodes only, until I've completely figured out how this new site pulls in data.

Thanks for giving us back our beloved Coco :)  I'm having a couple of issues, though

1. videos are playing with a stutter on Plex Home Theatre (only the video... the audio runs smoothly).
  2. when trying to play an episode through Plex Web, I get this message:  Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied

1. videos are playing with a stutter on Plex Home Theatre (only the video... the audio runs smoothly).
  2. when trying to play an episode through Plex Web, I get this message:  Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied

1. This is a known issue and to solve it you have to disable hardware acceleration in the preferences of PHT:

Screen_Shot_2014_08_17_at_17_59_18.jpg

2. This happens with browsers that use the Flash video player to play the video. Safari is the only browser that does not have this issue, because it can play the video streams without Flash.

1. This is a known issue and to solve it you have to disable hardware acceleration in the preferences of PHT:

Perfect, thanks!

I am only sporadically able to play full episodes.  Using Plex Home Theater, I frequently (but not always) see the error "Unable to play media; please check that this file exists...".  Any further troubleshooting that I could try?

I am only sporadically able to play full episodes.  Using Plex Home Theater, I frequently (but not always) see the error "Unable to play media; please check that this file exists...".  Any further troubleshooting that I could try?

It could be different things:

I am delighted to have this content available via plex / roku but it turns out since the site went down around august the video quality is extremely bad (it looks ever worse than 480p) Is this something I am doing or is this a problem for everyone. Both my remote quality and channel quality settings are set to 3 Mbps 720 for the quality. Any suggestions?