The Future of the Plex Client on Windows 10 - A Poll For Customers

windows-store-app

If you could only choose one, which of the following Plex Windows Store (UWP) Client applications would you prefer?

Note: although I have posted this poll, I am not a Plex employee.

I’ve moved on but still voted for x86 as I still have a vague hope that the UWP app will get some love from Plex.

I posted this to the Plex subreddit. If people can upvote it there, we can increase the visibility of the thread: http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/319445/the-future-of-the-plex-client-on-windows-10-a-poll-for-customers#latest

I use the UWP app across 3 Surface devices, please flesh out the application like the .exe version is, I would love to be able to do all of my library management from the touch platform instead of having to have 3 version on my pc, Plex UWP, Plex Media Player, and Plexamp.

The problem here is, I think the vast majority of users of this ecosystem are in No4…which means they aren’t even in this forum anymore. They chased them off and those people don’t know there is still a chance to actually get this thing working. I wish iOS say this type of treatment for a while…and then watch the uproar.

Well, thats definitely pretty clear on where people want things to go. 78% for x86 (#1 (34 votes) + #3 (4 votes)) so far.

@missionsparta said:
The problem here is, I think the vast majority of users of this ecosystem are in No4…which means they aren’t even in this forum anymore. They chased them off and those people don’t know there is still a chance to actually get this thing working. I wish iOS say this type of treatment for a while…and then watch the uproar.

Indeed, I dont use Plex anymore due to the state of the UWP app, but I’ve just ordered an Oculus Go that has Plex support, which might tempt me back into the Plex ecosystem.

My whole family uses Plex UWP on Surfaces, Windows phones, and always connected PCs. If Plex were to ditch their UWP then I’d unfortunately have to find something else than Plex.

I’m just gonna bump this one in a while to keep it near the top.

As of today 2018 May 20 the results are:

The Future of the Plex Client on Windows 10 - A Poll For Customers
132 votes

X86 (Most desktop PCs and laptops)
78% 103 votes

ARM (Windows Phone, and the new generation of Snapdragon based Always Connected PCs.)
7% 10 votes

I don’t have a preference (I have both) so I’ll use either/or.
5% 7 votes

I’ve moved on / don’t care what is decided.
9% 12 votes

Just put my .02 in, another vote for X86… How many ARM devices are still in use? Looks like the Surface 2 (non-pro) from 2013 is the last non-x86 in the Surface line.

@talz13 said:
Just put my .02 in, another vote for X86… How many ARM devices are still in use? Looks like the Surface 2 (non-pro) from 2013 is the last non-x86 in the Surface line.

Here’s one that’s very new… windowscentral.com/hp-envy-x2-review

Of course, the fifth option would be “A UWP App that works on all Windows 10 devices”, but that would be the obvious answer.