This Server is not powerful enough to convert video

server-drobo

This Server is not powerful enough to convert video

I get this sinds I bought a Plex Pass, on the free mode it played all my video's.

WhAt Drobo?
What PMS version on Drobo??
Are you talking exactly the same media b4 and after?
What client?

Drobo 5N2 - version 1.5.6.3790

I play exactly the same media file as before!, on the free mode it played and on my Plex pass it played no more. (Weird)

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/205002628-Why-do-I-get-the-This-server-is-not-powerful-enough-to-convert-video-message-

@Bosuil said:
I play exactly the same media file as before!, on the free mode it played and on my Plex pass it played no more. (Weird)

Just one file won’t play??
I do hope that is not the issue?

Also the latest version of PMS for drobo is 1.72!
Any reason u have not tried that?

del…

Drobo 5N2 uses ARM processor therefore it should be expected that files requiring transcoding will not play, or play with interruptions. To analyze why PMS decided to transcode I need the following:

1. Are you using a Plex or a DLNA client ? If Plex, name of the client, if DLNA, name of the equipment
  2. Mediainfo (better xml info) of the file that gives the message

Transcoding is triggered by the client app and/or comparing mediainfo with profiles. It’s true that profiles sometimes change with new PMS versions, new client versions may also change, so this explains why transcoding decisions may vary from one PMS (or client) version to another. The transcoding decision does not depend on having plex pass or not.

The Drobo 5N2 has a Quad Core 1.6Ghz CPU
And 2 GB DDR3 memory

@Bosuil said:
The Drobo 5N2 has a Quad Core 1.6Ghz CPU
What matters for plex transcoding is the CPU architecture, which is ARM for the 5N2 (you should see this in the PMS logs, 1st and 3rd lines of the log). Transcoding in ARM is too slow when compared with Intel or AMD processors.