TIVO Roamio "..." Issue

smart-tv

Here’s another one in case it helps.

Tivo Series 5, software version 20.6.3.RC15-USA-6-848

And by the way, NONE of my videos work now. They all get the dots, and then fail after what seems to be the exact same amount of time. I have all mkv files, and I never had a single problem before this release.

Thanks!

I am also getting this issue after upgrading to the latest version of PMS. However, one interesting fact is that it does not do it for “all” movies. Until the upgrade though it never happened.

Also happening here with the Bolt and PMS on FreeBSD 1.4.2.3400.

TiVo Software Version: 20.6.3.RC16-USC-11-849

Tivo Roamio Software version 20.6.1a.RC11-USA-6-848

I will update my server again to get a log with the error, when I’m at home.

Once I reverted back to the PMS update before the latest one everything worked fine again so I will just stick with that until this issue gets resolved.

I am also having the “…” issue with my TiVo. It’s been a while since I’ve streamed videos but based on the other comments I assume it started with the latest Plex server update (1.4.2.3400). I haven’t tried reverting back to a previous Plex version yet.

My TiVo is a Roamio (Series5) with software version 20.6.3.RC15-USA-6-846.

I’ve attached the XML for the video that has the issue. I haven’t tested any others yet but can, I can also try to recreate the issue with logging if needed.

One other thing I did note – the video wouldn’t DirectPlay/DirectStream, it kept thinking it needed to transcode to a lower resolution (the video is a 1080p mp4, and it insisted on transcoding to 720p). My TV is 1080i and the TiVo normally outputs to the TV at 1080i, and I’m pretty sure most of my HD videos used to do DirectPlay without any transcoding (although now I can’t remember 100%). So this might be new/related?

@ngrusz1 said:
One other thing I did note – the video wouldn’t DirectPlay/DirectStream, it kept thinking it needed to transcode to a lower resolution (the video is a 1080p mp4, and it insisted on transcoding to 720p). My TV is 1080i and the TiVo normally outputs to the TV at 1080i, and I’m pretty sure most of my HD videos used to do DirectPlay without any transcoding (although now I can’t remember 100%). So this might be new/related?

Ok I just happened to check while changing my logging settings in the TiVo Plex Player and it seems that 720p is the max resolution it will play/stream at. Not exactly sure why that is, but it’s probably why it wanted to transcode the 1080p video. So this might not be related to the problem.

I can confirm having the same issue on Tivo Roamios. I rolled back to the previous PMS and all is well. Keeping rolled back until next fix.

Thank you all for the logs.for those who do now know 1.3.4 is still available ( as of march 1 2016 ) on our downloads page at https://www.plex.tv/downloads

Looks like the new update (1.4.3.3433) is still broken. Should we just assume that until we hear different that we should expect all versions newer than 1.3.4 should be ignored if you need to use Plex w/ a TiVo (non-mini)?

Looks like the new update (1.4.3.3433) is still broken. Should we just assume that until we hear different that we should expect all versions newer than 1.3.4 should be ignored if you need to use Plex w/ a TiVo (non-mini)?

There’s a regression in our transcoder which is tickling the player on TiVo Roamio and Bolt. TiVo Mini and the older Presto series aren’t affected.

I’m working to change the way we integrate with the TiVo player to get rid of the darn ....

If testing continues to yield success we should workaround available for the Plex app on TiVo itself.

Upgraded again to 1.4.3.3433 last night (3mar2017), and both my Tivo Roamios, started to crash immediately when playing shows, mkv, mp4’s, avi’s. But, I reverted back to 1.3.4.3285 so we could watch them last night and I forgot to save my logs. Or, are they still there? I just uninstalled the 1.4 and went back to 1.3.

@mattseeley said:

There’s a regression in our transcoder which is tickling the player on TiVo Roamio and Bolt. TiVo Mini and the older Presto series aren’t affected.

I’m working to change the way we integrate with the TiVo player to get rid of the darn ....

If testing continues to yield success we should workaround available for the Plex app on TiVo itself.

Hmmm… but if it’s a regression in the transcoder, wouldn’t that be the place to fix it? It sounds like LG TVs are similarly affected… getting client fixes out takes longer (I believe) than PMS updates. No?

Is the 1.3.4 .deb still available?

I believe so, I had the version on my system in the Updates folder

Nvm, had a copy of 1.3.4 sitting in my downloads folder. Glad I’m lazy and never clean my computer out.

Another confirmation that rolling back to 1.3.4 fixed this issue on my Roamio Plus. I’ll wait to update untill its resolved I guess!

@mattseeley Can you give us an ETA on the TIVO update or the PMS update, please update us when the “…” fix is available. Also can you tell me if the 1.3.4 version has the Beta DVR capability or do I have to go back further.

I’m having the same problem, but I don’t have a copy of version 1.3.4 to roll back to. Is there somewhere that I can download version 1.3.4 for Ubuntu?

@mattseeley I can provide my logs to you as well on this issue… as its been a problem for MANY of us on the 1.4.x codebase… we would have to roll back to older releases, which if we want to use many of the newer features and enhancements, we are stuck.

I’ve attached two XML files for you… but this happens with EVERY file I’ve tried (I’ve tried with 10 - 15 different files, low bit rate MP4, high bit rate MKV, HVEC, etc…) Pretty much if it hits the Tivo, it fails.

Tivo Series5
Software Version: 20.6.3.RC15-USA-6-846
Tivo Plex Version 2.13.3

Add me to the list :frowning:

Happening on both of my Bolts and Premiers; and has been with all the Plex Pass versions since 1.3.4. I was surprised that 1.4.3 became the public version with all the impacted TiVo users; maybe there just isn’t that many of us left.

Will any additional logs and XML files help?