TIVO Roamio "..." Issue

smart-tv

#34

@mattseeley I can provide my logs to you as well on this issue… as its been a problem for MANY of us on the 1.4.x codebase… we would have to roll back to older releases, which if we want to use many of the newer features and enhancements, we are stuck.

I’ve attached two XML files for you… but this happens with EVERY file I’ve tried (I’ve tried with 10 - 15 different files, low bit rate MP4, high bit rate MKV, HVEC, etc…) Pretty much if it hits the Tivo, it fails.

Tivo Series5
Software Version: 20.6.3.RC15-USA-6-846
Tivo Plex Version 2.13.3


#35

Add me to the list :frowning:

Happening on both of my Bolts and Premiers; and has been with all the Plex Pass versions since 1.3.4. I was surprised that 1.4.3 became the public version with all the impacted TiVo users; maybe there just isn’t that many of us left.

Will any additional logs and XML files help?


#36

Me too. Worked on my mini for a little while longer than the roamio, now they are both borked. I rolled it back to an earlier version 1.3.4


#37

@Ngerg said:
I’m having the same problem, but I don’t have a copy of version 1.3.4 to roll back to. Is there somewhere that I can download version 1.3.4 for Ubuntu?

I have a copy. Up to you if you want to trust a stranger from the internet though.


#38

Same problem for me. 2 Tivo mini’s working and two full Tivos’ failing (Roamio pro and bolt).

Rolling back to 1.3.4 fixed the issue. I’ll wait for an update hoping the issue gets fixed with a subsequent revision.


#39

Hi folks. We pushed an update today which changes how we play Direct Streamed and Transcoded media on TiVo Roamio and Bolt devices. The update restores playback on the affected 1.4 media servers mentioned in this thread.

If you’re feeling up to it please give the 1.4 upgrade another try.

Detailed context is available here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/262329/update-lg-netcast-and-tivo-and-broken-playback-on-1-4/


#40

You mean the 1.4.3.3433-03e4cfa35 release? That’s from 3/2 and broken. I don’t see a newer one available… am I missing something? Or do you mean there’s an update to the TiVo Plex player?

[edit] I see, it is the player update… and with that my TiVo can play shows with the 1.4.3 PMS installed! Thanks!


#41

It fixed the issue. Thx.


#42

Any chance that you will update the unRAID Docker soon? Or is it just a TiVo app update?


#43

Thank you! My Bolts are working again.


#44

Confirmed as well, my Tivo Roamio Pro and Tivo bolt are both working properly on 1.4.3.3433.


#45

Working great now but…
Plex on TiVo only outputs 720p?
I just noticed this because of the problems.


#46

Yes, even on my 4K box it only output at 4 MBPS 720p :frowning:


#47

Is there a certain procedure here cause I’m having all kinds of playback issues no matter the settings on my Roamio and the “There was a problem playing this item” on my Tivo mini after reuprading back to 1.4.3.3433. I wasn’t having any of these issues until these updates.

About to go back to 1.3.4…this is getting irritating.


#48

@oneglory said:
Is there a certain procedure here cause I’m having all kinds of playback issues no matter the settings on my Roamio and the “There was a problem playing this item” on my Tivo mini after reuprading back to 1.4.3.3433. I wasn’t having any of these issues until these updates.

About to go back to 1.3.4…this is getting irritating.

I had to go through 2 “connect to tivo” under network settings for the plex app to update to 2.13.4. Since then, problem solved.


#49

I upgraded to the 1.4.3.3433… now I’m getting “There was a problem playing this item” multiple times.


#50

have you upgraded to 1.4.4 which was released yesterday


#51

@DavenLC said:
I upgraded to the 1.4.3.3433… now I’m getting “There was a problem playing this item” multiple times.

I love your bragging signature!


#52

@BigWheel … Updating this morning to Version 1.5.0.3501 will test… @vizi0n - thanks… :wink:


#53

I have tried the latest version (1.5.0.3501) and it is just a complete mess for my TiVo Bolt & Mini. Once I rolled back to 1.3.4.3285, everything started working again. I guess I will stay on this version until everything is sorted.