Transcoding internal srt stopped working on 2.011 on 2012 TV

samsung-smart-hub

Hi,
My app was updated 2 days ago to v2.011. Now transcoding of internal srt does not work anymore :(.
How can I fix this? It's on a Samsung ES8000.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Have you tried increasing the Extra server time detection time in seconds.?
The transcoding may take some time if there is a lot of text.

@Patje143 said:
Hi,
My app was updated 2 days ago to v2.011. Now transcoding of internal srt does not work anymore :(.
How can I fix this? It’s on a Samsung ES8000.

Thanks for any help in advance!

@Orca said:

Same problem with the same configuration, I had already reported the problem with a log:

@giogio1 said:

@knights said:
Orca, did you know that playing internal subtitles doesnt work anymore on the ES platform? Not in my ES8000. ( the transcode before/ during feature )

@Orca said:
Got any logs? Can’t reproduce works for me.

I’m in the same situation and I have the same problem, I attach the log and I hope it can help to solve the problem

@Orca said:
Thanks for the log. It seems that the request to the server asking to do the transcoding fails:
Oct 23, 2017 20:47:23.236 [8568] DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Transcode.js] - Transcode subtitle failed

I’ll see what I can do.

I just tried it, and for me it still does what it is supposed to do.

DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Transcode.js] - Transcode kill command send successfully
DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Transcode.js] - Transcoder decideUrl: http://192.168.0.2:32400/video/:/...
DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Transcode.js] - Transcode subtitle: http://192.168.0.2:32400/subtitles/:/...
DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Subtitle.js] - Parsing SRT Subtitles started
DEBUG - [PlexforSamsung] [Subtitle.js] - Parsing SRT Subtitles finished with 676 lines

I’m afraid something is wrong on the server side and the server is having trouble getting the subs from the video.
I can only ask the server to get them, if that doesn’t work, I’m out of options.

@Orca said:

Unfortunately that does not help. It reports that it can’t transcode and that I should select srt if possible. But it is already srt.
Tried to reinstall the app, but no luck there.
I sideloaded v2.009, but now it also does not work in that version anymore?!

I have server version 1.12.3.4973.
A problem on server side I don’t understand. It worked with app v2.009 and now not with v2.011. Is the request format then different in the apps?

Just updated to server version 1.13.0.5023. Same issue…

@Patje143 said:

@Orca said:

Unfortunately that does not help. It reports that it can’t transcode and that I should select srt if possible. But it is already srt.
Tried to reinstall the app, but no luck there.
I sideloaded v2.009, but now it also does not work in that version anymore?!

I have server version 1.12.3.4973.
A problem on server side I don’t understand. It worked with app v2.009 and now not with v2.011. Is the request format then different in the apps?

Just updated to server version 1.13.0.5023. Same issue…

For me on our es8000 the last version ok for sub is 2.007…i hope to find the sideloaded version.

The same problem here… Now have news ?

When i activate subtitles, in web browser play good, but in my android phone or smart tv “WebOS” video stops.

If desactivate subtitles, video go again…

How fix it ?

Same problem of internal (in a MKV) srt subtitles not showing. Either the app is set to ‘use TV API’, and then the film plays normally but the subtitles don’t show, either it is set at ‘transcode before’ or ‘during’, and then after some time a message comes up that the app is unable to transcode the selected format and to select srt instead… Then I can watch the movie but no subtitles.

It’s happened with a few movies now, not sure when it started. But since it first happened, not one movie with internal subtitles has worked as it should and used to.

I also have a 2012 TV. Latest PMS.

I made some fixes in 2.012. I you can sideload, try this version.

2.012 version works fine on my ES8000 TV. Thanks a lot Orca for subs fix.

I’d seen the comment from Patje143 higher in this thread that increasing the server time detection did not help so had not bothered side-loading 2.012 yet. After seeing your comment Orca, I tried to increase the server time detection (all the way to 60s) - and that worked for me (on 2 movies so far).

I will side-load when I have 5mn but anyway all is working fine again.

In any case this problem seems to have found its fix, with or without 2.012.

So Orca, thanks but - weren’t you supposed to stop spending too much time looking at a computer screen??

Hi Orca,

Thank you so much for this extra update despite your health issues!
This solves my problems with the internal subs! :grin:
I don’t know why increasing the time manually in v2.011 did not work, but that does not matter now that v2.012 is available…

Thanks again for all your hard work over the past years!
Enjoy your time away from computers!