Unable to cast- Chromecast

chromecast

Hey guys!

Chromecast has been starting to get this message on and off: "Unable to cast: Video conversion failed. The transcoder crashed or failed to start up. Its exit code was - 1059143458"

It doesnt happen all the time, but its happening more and more frequently and then I have to restart whatever I'm watching.

Any ideas what the issue is?

Same issue, and also Plex keeps popping up the controls over and over...

@vsca21 said:
Hey guys!

Chromecast has been starting to get this message on and off: "Unable to cast: Video conversion failed. The transcoder crashed or failed to start up. Its exit code was - 1059143458"

It doesnt happen all the time, but its happening more and more frequently and then I have to restart whatever I'm watching.

Any ideas what the issue is?

happening to me too.
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/239084/transcoder-error

Disabled subtitles and I do not get this error anymore.

Same thing except mine was -9z Been doing this a lot lately. Happens like 3 times during any video I watch. Averages 3x a movie.

I've disabled subtitles and I still get the error, no change for me at all when disabling subtitles

I've been getting this error as well. Usually happens 30-40 mins in to the movie. After opening up the Plex app and starting the movie (after finding where I left off since it doesn't save your progress) it will go for about another 30 minutes before doing it again. Is there a fix for this?