Unable to install the latest version of Plex Media Server

server-windows

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't install Plex-Media-Server-0.9.902.374-aa23a69-en-US on WHS 2011.

hi i am having dramas trying to install the updated plex server. i have attached detailed error log and word document of issues (screen shots). Please help!!! Everything has been working fine till today and now nothing works without an update that i can not download easily. Im no computer wizard so bare with me with technical terms.

Cheers.

@hummer142 said:
hi i am having dramas trying to install the updated plex server. i have attached detailed error log and word document of issues (screen shots). Please help!!! Everything has been working fine till today and now nothing works without an update that i can not download easily. Im no computer wizard so bare with me with technical terms.

Cheers.

I have moved your post from the old 2014 thread you posted - that thread was about Windows Home Server

The upgrade is failing because some package cache files for the current version appear to be missing. May be you ran some PC clean software that deleted the msi package files

[1670:1690][2016-09-24T17:44:23]e000: Error 0x80070003: Failed to initialize package from related bundle id: {7425d872-d65d-42c9-8c6d-7a8a529a4b50}

What you could try first is to run the Microsoft FixIt for Install / Uninstalling Programs issues
Download it and run it and go through the steps for troubleshooting uninstall issues and select plex Media server and complete the repair for uninstalling. Then see Control Panel / Programs if Plex Media Server still showing and uninstall if it is
Then try and rerun the install of version 1.1.4

Link to the Microsoft Fix It
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

Thank you. That worked. i did run that program but it didn't uninstall it, i manually uninstalled through control panel and re ran update and worked perfect.

thanks again.