Unable to play synced content in Windows 10 Plex app (possible EAC3 issue) How to downmix to 2.0??

windows-store-app

Has anyone been successful in getting synced media in Plex working in the Windows 10 app?

I've spent the last couple of hours combing through online and in these forums watching everyone pull their hair out because they can't solve this simple problem. Due to work reasons, I've recently switched from an Android tablet to Windows 10 via a Surface Pro 4.

I have been syncing content from Plex to Android for at least 4 years now without ever having any audio/video issues. It's been a complete joy to use. Now I download this Windows 10 Plex client and it's taking me forever to get around in it and I find the interface very unintuitive. Regardless, I'm now running into the issue were over 75% of my content on my server is EAC3 audio on my mkv files. Because of this, Plex won't play and gives the MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED: HRESULT - 0xC00D36B2 error, which after reading basically means the mkv file has EAC3 audio which the Windows 10 "Movies & TV" app cannot play. Neither K-Lite codec pack nor Shark007 codec pack resolves the issue. In this case, installing VLC won't work because I'm not hunting around in the tons of folders of erroneous numbers and letters to try to find my media and then having to go back and mark each episode played and manually delete. NO. That is what I purchased a lifetime Plex Pass for.

So, I am asking if anyone has been able to do any of the below to resolve this:

1. Create a Custom profile for just 1 of your devices in Plex (in this case, a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro) so that when syncing data to the device, the transcoding forces everything to 2.0 stereo? I use headphones while on the plane, and even if I did watch on my tablet speakers, it wouldn't be in surround sound anyway

2. Add the capability for the Movies & TV app in Windows 10 to play EAC3 audio codec natively so that the Plex Windows App can correctly play media?

3. A third option I might not know of?

There are a couple of people in my family that travel for work and have tried switching to Windows and just gave up and I refuse to believe that "Plex just doesn't work with Windows 10!"

I truly appreciate any help anyone can give. I can muddle through .xml configuration files, but I don't know what a lot of the code is, so go easy on me, please! I can follow simple instructions and welcome friendly help!

Cheers!

• Joe

I apologize in advance for the large orange font above. I have no idea how that happened!

I wish I could give you better news, but the Windows Store app will likely never work for you. I wish it did, but it is not actively supported by Plex.

To make matters worse, Plex have now broken the Android app with their latest release.

The Plex app for Windows 10 Surface Pro and it will never transfer. does not allow Syncing. I have been trying to sync off line content to my Windows table with no luck. The plex App in the Windows store is complete garbage.

Also seems like nothing will be done about it. I have not found any thread from Plex talking about this. Seems like another topic that the company is ignoring :frowning: