Update script for PmsService (PMS as a Windows service)

server-windows

Hi everybody!

First, I want to thank to cjmurph for PmsService - great job!
Second, if someone wants to update PMS runing as a service via CMD/BAT script, I wrote one.
You can find it on my blog.

Edit:
Version 1.0 with auto-download and email notification is ready on GitHub: https://github.com/Mart11/PlexUpdate4Win

Enjoy!

With this script you still need to click on “Download new version” via web interface. Actually, if you schedule the update script to run more often, every 2 min. for instance, you can achieve a “near realtime update via web interface”, even if the PMS is running as a service via PmsService.

Possible Plex bug found: PMS ver. 1.9.3.4290-9798172d4 is out from 26th september for Plex Pass users, but if you have PMS ver. 1.9.2.4285-9f65b88ae, web interface will not offer you this version to download. Manual download from web needed.

@m11 said:
Possible Plex bug found: PMS ver. 1.9.3.4290-9798172d4 is out from 26th september for Plex Pass users, but if you have PMS ver. 1.9.2.4285-9f65b88ae, web interface will not offer you this version to download. Manual download from web needed.

thats strange, I got this update. and your update script works great!

might it be an idea to host the script on github? That would make it easier to track issues and code changes.

@daeks said:
might it be an idea to host the script on github? That would make it easier to track issues and code changes.

Yes, that’s a good idea. New script version with build-in package auto-download and email notification about new installed versions is almost ready. It will come in few days, probably with next PMS version release.

Is there any effort from the product team to actually get this functionality built in so everyone can automatically benefit? Plex as a Service has been on the roadmap since 2011.

Version 1.0 with auto-download and email notification is ready on GitHub: https://github.com/Mart11/PlexUpdate4Win

New PMS version is out, any feedback to PlexUpdate4Win is welcome.

A new v1.1 is out (on GitHub). Get-Token script is fixed now.