Updates Available to Plex Pass Members

smart-tv

I am seeing mention of beta software available for Plex Pass members of which I am one but no one tells where to go to obtain them.
I have a two year old LG Smart TV and the Plex App available from the LG store doesn't show some of the newer features which are apparently available for other Plex hardware including Roku and a Windows PC. The store version seems to be over a year old.
As a Pass member, where do I get a newer Plex app for my LG TV?
I am aware of the procedure for loading updates to the TV from a USB flash drive.

MY PLEX PASS ID: pfkbiz@gmail.com

##Option 1 (for your Server only)

1. go to Settings > Server > General on your server
  2. set Update Channel to “beta”

##Option 2 (for your Server and certain clients – manually updating)

1. go to https://www.plex.tv/downloads
  2. toggle from “public” to “beta”
  3. pick the download you’re looking for (server, client…)

Smart TV clients are trickier…
you might want to consult the release announcements to see if there’s any mention of restrictions (e.g. newer versions requiring a newer WebOS than installed on your LG).
While for Android (TV) there’s usually links for a direct download (allowing you to side load the app), I can’t find any mention of an alternative download/update path.

In another post someone seems to be stating that this ‘early release’ product is only available on LG TVs that have LGWebOS3.0 or above. Someone at Plex then said they were working on a version for WebOS2, but thats about it. So just to clarify, it’s not an across platform option for LG owners.

Thanks for the info. BTW, the link is unreachable for me. It;s apparently not available or it’s private.

OK. Just have to be patient, I guess. My workaround is to access PLEX via the LG web browser if I occasionally need to watch news or listen to a podcast.

As for “someone” at Plex working on an WebOS2 version, it sure would be customer friendly to be able to access a spreadsheet with current and future Plex projects under development.

@tom80H posted you the link before the forum was switched from vanilla to discourse… I believe he wanted to show you that: Plex for Smart TVs & TiVo

That will likely NEVER happen! Plex doesn’t share roadmaps or anything else…

@tom80H, thanks for your reply but, unfortunately, that info is from 2014. Surely, if they were serious about producing a version for “older” systems we would have heard something by now…

flow: It’s becoming painfully obvious that Plex has misplaced priorities since the last reference to be found is apparently from FOUR YEARS AGO.

I would have less of a problem if someone from Plex would be up front and jump in to clearly address what they intend to do to support older systems. In this case, if they are having a problem dealing with LG, tell customers that so we can shake LG’s tree a bit.

Sorry, maybe I don’t understand your problem, but a quick search in the topic later that came up:

So it seems to me as if webOS 2.0 and 3.0 are supported since 2016 and I could find an eol statement in that topic.
Or maybe try XPlay: XPlay (WebOS)