Using Plex DLNA on Panasonic TV

server-dlna

This is really starting to bother me.

I have 2 laptops (one is no longer being used for Plex but bare with me).

Laptop #1 I originally stored Plex Media Server, and then had an external HDD connected to my Netgear Router. The Media Server was working fine, my Roku Plex apps connected, and I was able to even see the content on my Panasonic TV via DLNA.  Though the file formats (mp4) often wouldn't play but that is another issue.

Got Laptop #2 and decided I would use it to host the Plex Media Server app as well as store my media locally on it (via the Videos, My Pictures, Music) shared folders.  I disabled the Plex Media Server on Laptop #1.

When I open up DLNA on my Panasonic, it finds my Plex Media Server. Clicking through it appears to at least open the various folder structures (Plex Media: mediashare -> Videos - > All Videos) but there is where it stops. It trys "accessing" the next level...and hangs until it says "DLNA Server cannot be found".

When this happens, often I will then connect to 127.0.0.1:32400 on Laptop #2..and it often hangs and fails connecting there to. It's almost like the DLNA requests from my TV kill the Media Server.

Does this make sense and/or even possible? I just don't get why on Laptop #1, I never ran into this issue, but suddenly I get that on the new one.

I have made sure everyone has read/write capability for the Music, Videos, and Pictures folders on Laptop #2 and the Windows sharing options are open. 

Laptop #2 has 8GB of Ram, 250gb harddrive, Core 2 Duo processor..so I feel like its more then capability of handling the requests.

Now, I will say this...I have been maxing out my computer resources by converting files and importing mini-dv tapes to AVI's on the same system. Is it possible I am just lagging the computer down to the point the DLNA server is needing to do some heavy work and simply can't process it?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Panasonic seems to be doing something weird with their newer networked TVs/bluray players in terms of DLNA. I have a 2011 era Panasonic smart TV (TCL42D30) that works fine with plex DLNA, but my 2012/2013 dmp-bdt320 blu ray player gives the same error that you get.

Hi 

<a class="" href="http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/user/131766-bkohlmeier/" title="">bkohlmeier</a>

Was there a solution to this?

I have a similar problem where my tv only sees the top folders and then its gets a connection error...

Any ideas?!?!!?!?!?

Max

already posted this in a seperete thread, but this is the same problem I'm having

"I understand that the new server includes a profile for Panasonic viera.
I'm having this weird problem... my tv sees plex, and I can browse to e.g. TV Shows, then it says that the connection was rejected. Ideas?"

ERROR - ObjectIdManagerDatabaseLoader.cpp:248 Error 1: no such table: object_ids (ret)
ERROR - ObjectIdManagerDatabaseLoader.cpp:428 Error 1: no such table: short_keys (ret = sqlite3_prepare_v2(db, "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO short_keys (sha_key_id, plex_path, plex_key, short_key, last_accessed_time_t, machine_identifier) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?)", -1, &pS, NULL))
ERROR - ObjectIdManagerDatabaseLoader.cpp:428 Error 1: no such table: short_keys (ret = sqlite3_prepare_v2(db, "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO short_keys (sha_key_id, plex_path, plex_key, short_key, last_accessed_time_t, machine_identifier) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?)", -1, &pS, NULL))

I have already posted in other thread, but my problem is just the same. I can list folders in plex server but when i want to list files i got above error. Plex is running on Windows 7 x64, TV is Panasonic TX-L47ET60E

The same with a Panasonic Viera L37d25. Plex 0.9.7.28.33 on Mac OSX 10.8.4. Other DLNA servers, as Yazsoft Playback and PS3 Media Server work well.

Getting similar problems with my GT50 Viera, if I browse to a folder with a fair few items in it, the request will kill PMS. It kinda hangs where it doesn't do anything and needs to be manually closed and restarted to allow any further PMS connections (can't even open the web interface anymore till I restart PMS)

Checked the dlna.log and can't see anything that'll really help there. After it starts scanning the directory it gets about 1/2 way through then it starts giving timeout style messages saying no response after xxx ms. It does process all the files according to the log, but on the device end it stops responding 1/2 through building the thumbnails and that's the same point the PMS server stops responding

Just finished trying some different profiles, but the problem I'm getting is more related to browsing the files, not actually playing them, so there wasn't any change for me

For anyone else out there still struggling with this, serviio seems to work perfectly with all my content with no transcoding to my gt50. 

Tried Plex again the other day and it still hangs with loading the video previews

Anyone solved this?

I got the same problem now as well after I got a new pc, where I installed the newest PMS. Getting "connection to server failed" when trying to access the movie folder.

The annoying thing is that it worked fine on my old pc (I had this problem on that too, but I managed to fix it. But I don't remember how, and what PMS version I used).

I have an ST50.

I got exactly the same problem... 

Same problem here on my Panasonic GT30 with the latest version of Plex. Plex 9.7.28 works fine.

FWIW, my fix to this was to downgrade to 0.9.7.17. Anything higher for me results in not even being able to access the files.

weird.

Just updates PMS to 0.9.8.17.282-c844f09 and I'm getting this too :-(

Its find navigating the Library up until PMS needs to give out the show lists then I get "Connection to the server failed" after a long pause.

I used to get this on the previous PMS sometimes, not sure if it helped by limiting the amount of shows to be listed with a filter like "Recently Added" but now it times-out on everything :-(

Huh, I edited my dlnaclientprofiles.xml file and increased by TimelineBufferOffset from 10 to 30 and its working again.

HOWEVER, I made the edit and tested in haste before I read what TimelineBufferOffset is for!

It shouldn't have made any difference, because I think this parameter is just to determine how much buffering is done.

I was hoping it was some sort of parameter that determines how long the TV should wait for a response from the PMS.

So my conclusion is that the restarting of PMS may have had more to do with kicking my DLNA connection back into life.

Everything is not all rosy though, I don't use this feature much because I have a MacMini connected to the TV anyway and the Plex client provides a much better experience, so I have only done limited testing with the Panasonic DLNA.

What I have found is that it seems to play certain formats or shows ok, presumably if they are smaller in file size. If I try to play a 1080p movie, it plays perfectly for a few minutes, then I get the spiralling logo pop up which at first glance looks like it might be buffering but what actually happens is the movie is flipping over to the next one in the list, as-if someone hit the Next button!?!?!

Huh, I edited my dlnaclientprofiles.xml file and increased by TimelineBufferOffset from 10 to 30 and its working again.

HOWEVER, I made the edit and tested in haste before I read what TimelineBufferOffset is for!

It shouldn't have made any difference, because I think this parameter is just to determine how much buffering is done.

I was hoping it was some sort of parameter that determines how long the TV should wait for a response from the PMS.

So my conclusion is that the restarting of PMS may have had more to do with kicking my DLNA connection back into life.

Everything is not all rosy though, I don't use this feature much because I have a MacMini connected to the TV anyway and the Plex client provides a much better experience, so I have only done limited testing with the Panasonic DLNA.

What I have found is that it seems to play certain formats or shows ok, presumably if they are smaller in file size. If I try to play a 1080p movie, it plays perfectly for a few minutes, then I get the spiralling logo pop up which at first glance looks like it might be buffering but what actually happens is the movie is flipping over to the next one in the list, as-if someone hit the Next button!?!?!

Are you using ethernet or Wifi? Because it sounds like you got a EOF (End of File) and then it goes to the next file.

Are you using ethernet or Wifi? Because it sounds like you got a EOF (End of File) and then it goes to the next file.

Ethernet

Some searches suggest many people have had this phenomenon of Media playing then stopping and skipping to the next movie, alas, I can't see any evidence of anyone finding a solution.

I think the problem is, people just give up or find a work-around which is a shame because I prefer to get to the bottom of the problem otherwise it nag's at me as un-finished business :-)

The problem seems to be related to file sizes over 4Gb if previous discoveries are anything to go by.

Just in the process of doing a test now. I went to "Recently Added" movies and played the first movie:

The first movie in the list a 7.97Gb movie which played for a couple of minutes before skipping to the next movie which is 5.41Gb, that also played for a couple of minutes before skipping to the 3rd movie which is 4.29Gb and thats been playing for 8 Minutes 13 minutes 47 minutes (at the time of writing) and its still playing fine too finished playing without issue!?

The fourth movie started playing on completion of the 3rd movie and I monitored the time, expecting a failure as its an 8.24Gb file. Sure enough, it skipped at 2 minutes 47 seconds.

The fifth movie is only a 1.14Gb file, so I'm expecting this one to play ok, at the time of writing its already at 4 minutes 10 minutes which the larger files would have jumped by now.

already posted this in a seperete thread, but this is the same problem I'm having

"I understand that the new server includes a profile for Panasonic viera.
I'm having this weird problem... my tv sees plex, and I can browse to e.g. TV Shows, then it says that the connection was rejected. Ideas?"

ERROR - ObjectIdManagerDatabaseLoader.cpp:248 Error 1: no such table: object_ids (ret)

How do I enable the profile for Panasonic Viera?

I know nothing about profiles with Plex.

For anyone else out there still struggling with this, serviio seems to work perfectly with all my content with no transcoding to my gt50. 

Tried Plex again the other day and it still hangs with loading the video previews

Same here. Serviio just works straight out of the box with everything for me. No messing around.

And PS3 Media Server has worked faultlessly for me in the short time that I have used it also.

Just throwing in a bone, could it be the same issue here.

Have not gotten around to check this yet as I am still at work. Will update with result in 1 hour or so.

https://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/90686-plex-server-09817282-crash-my-dlna-player/

I have a Panasonic Plasma Viera TV with DLNA, model TC-50ps60 and I have the server on my mac but it doesn't show up on the tv.  TVMobili does but not PLEX.  Please help. Thanks