Version 1.24 PMP For Appletv so BUGGY!

apple-tv

So plex updated to Version 1.24, and I find it very laggy and buggy, don’t like the changes they did on the movie info interface page, it’s very laggy, slower than ever, it takes a few seconds to load the info, when scrolling it lags. And why when scrolling through the cast which are circles they made a square for the indication ? Whos idea was that ? It looks horrible. Should’ve never touched that section, it was perfect before this update.

No idea, sorry. Works as always for me.

Yeah i'm noticing a lot of bugs as well, Some shows/movies I cant even play. When I hit menu to go back to the home page it just leaves the app instead of going back to where I want it to, I pull up the menu to the left and i cant click tv shows/movies or anything. The app use to never have a problem until they started updating every 2 weeks

@Fatalmuzza Are you running the latest Plex Media Player on the appletv? If so, chose a movie , let me know if you see a loading icon before hand, lag, slow scrolling and all the way down where the cast is located, do you see a square indicator on the circles?

@jgille8 Exatcly, forgot to mention at times movies won’t play. It’s very laggy. And what the hell is going on playing 4K movies ? It stops and buffers every now and then. I’m not liking Plex right now, I’m very disappointed

I noticed the lag on the latest plex Apple TV app and server
When I enter a movie in plex atv app it takes a few seconds for the movie info and poster to show

Is this a going to get fixed ?
Is this happening because you guys are adding a lot if stuff to plex ? Dvr, photos,news

@PleXtvOS This wasn’t happening before, so I don’t think it’s becuase of the news/DVR features. I don’t know if it’s the coding that messes up things that were working fine or what ? But they always make changes making something else not work properly. I can’t even watch a 4K movie without stopping with normal colors on the Tv plex app, it’s a turnoff..

Glad to see it’s not just me. I’m on 1.24.1 and it still gets stuck on a single title. The only way to in-stick it is to change to a different server.

I’m having similar issues. Both player and server are up to date. Mine won’t play any movie or tv show but will play a few home videos. It Says “Something went wrong playing your media. Please try again”

Same problem here. In my side, it was because of the installed PMS version...
For me, the only working version is 1.11.0.4666

All others causes problems

@loose809 said:
@Fatalmuzza Are you running the latest Plex Media Player on the appletv? If so, chose a movie , let me know if you see a loading icon before hand, lag, slow scrolling and all the way down where the cast is located, do you see a square indicator on the circles?

Yes I can see this problem now. Latest version everything. Sucks

Any fix coming ?
Or slow loading of movie info is the norm now

I am having the same issue. I do not understand the point of a Plex Pass forum without representation from Plex....Plex? Hello? Plex?