WDTV live plus does not see PMS

server-dlna

My WDTV Plus was working fiune until i fowarded some ports for my xbox one. Now when i use the WDTV if does not list the PMS. I unfordwarded the ports and it still does not see the PMS. Can anyone help?

Thnx

i have the same problem, wdtv live was able to see plex dlna server with 9.9.5, every other version after that didnt work. could be preferences related..?

I also have a WDTV and i have noticed that PMS is not automatically connected when i come to it.  I get the message that the previous content source has been removed.  I have to reselect it from the menu, however it doesnt appear.  I have to enter the menu, click the X and enter again, only then is it now visible.  This has only occurred since I updated. 

I am also experiencing this issue.  The only way I can see any of my media is to use the Network Share option.  All of a sudden the Media Server option in my WDTV doesn't see the Plex Media Server.  I was wondering if apple blocked something unintentionally with a recent security patch that I installed.  I haven't made any changes to my firewall, and I'm running version 9.9.7.  I am going to download the 9.9.9 plexpass version and see if the problem still exists.  Other plex theatre clients in my home can see the Plex Media Server just fine.  It's completely strange.

I am also experiencing this issue.  The only way I can see any of my media is to use the Network Share option.  All of a sudden the Media Server option in my WDTV doesn't see the Plex Media Server.  I was wondering if apple blocked something unintentionally with a recent security patch that I installed.  I haven't made any changes to my firewall, and I'm running version 9.9.7.  I am going to download the 9.9.9 plexpass version and see if the problem still exists.  Other plex theatre clients in my home can see the Plex Media Server just fine.  It's completely strange.

Its definitely not an apple issue.  My PMS is running on Ubuntu, on the same switch as the WDTV.

Yeah, I think you're right.  I went into my security settings under the system preferences section, and nothing was changed.  I think I'm going to take a look in the WDTV forums and see if anyone is complaining about it.  I'll report back.

I haven't found anything on any other forums about this issue.  I'm starting to feel like it's just me.  hehe  I've reset my Western Digital Box back to factory defaults and still the issue persists.  I am able to use windows and mac shares to access my library, but not able to use DLNA at all, even though it's enabled in Plex Media Server and other plex clients in the house see the PMS just fine.

I miss not seeing "recently added"!!!  hehehe  Anyone else have any suggestions?  If I could, I would just get another Roku box and be done with this whole WDTV thing, but I can't due to Roku's lack of digital audio passthrough via optical.  It's unfortunately all HDMI or the highway for those devices.  

It's not just you, my Windows 8.1 PMS is no longer showing in my WDTV so I'm also limited to Windows shares at the moment.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I'm running Plex Media Server on my windows server. All the Plex clients work fine. Also, I downloaded media:connect DLNA client on my ipad and it can browse PMS using DLNA. However, my WDTV does not list the PMS DLNA server when I select Media Server as the source.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

I'll report the same issues - been happening for a while and cannot remember after which update it started occurring.

It's really weird as it sometimes works fine then halfway through a program / movie it loses it's connection to the server and asks you to change source. Of course the PMS is then not seen and won't be for quite some time - usually the next day.

The behaviour is quite odd as it can happen 5 mins into a program or 50 mins into the show.

Have resorted to using windows shares but this is a annoying bug - might have to invest in a chromecast me thinks!

Has anyone come up with any solutions/workarounds?

I tried changing the WDTV Live's gateway & dns to the IP of my PC that's running PMS, next I searched for 'media servers' the Plex showed up but it didn't read any photos/videos.

Nope. I've asked here and on the WDTV forums and haven't found any solution yet. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is happening to me too. It's been worse since I've tried playig with the DLNA lease time. But if I start a file using my phone (source Plex server to renderer wdtv) I have no problem at all.

So starting it from outside wdtv seems to be kind of a workaround

same issue here. I have been using 3 WDTV Live boxes for about 5 years and have both Plex and Mezzmo DLNA media servers running. Suddenly about a month ago the Plex Media server is no longer listed in media servers. Mezzmo still works consistently (but more limited in terms of file type support) and Windows shares works intermittently. I have picked up a ChromeCast and a Roku and am really liking each for different reasons. I think the WDTV Live boxes are toast sadly.