What happened to support for multiple audio channels and subtitles?

roku

Whenever I press the "*" button on my controller it brings up the audio/subtitles as it should but nothing works. Everything used to work just fine. I could switch between various audio feeds or tracks and I could turn on or off subtitles. Nothing has changed on my end and it all started a few server updates ago.

Less information wasn’t possible?

Absolutely Not!

@jason74106 said:
Whenever I press the “*” button on my controller it brings up the audio/subtitles as it should but nothing works. Everything used to work just fine. I could switch between various audio feeds or tracks and I could turn on or off subtitles. Nothing has changed on my end and it all started a few server updates ago.

WTF should be the “*” button? On what controller? Of what client? On what server?
The support for both mentioned features wasn’t dropped as that would have led to a major uproar here (regardless of client, …)! So maybe only this magic button is defect? lol

But I’m out, and don’t care about your answer, as it seems to lead nowhere…

OK, let me restate my question and the details I use to achieve the desired effect

Original
“Whenever I press the “*” button on my controller it brings up the audio/subtitles as it should but nothing works. Everything used to work just fine. I could switch between various audio feeds or tracks and I could turn on or off subtitles. Nothing has changed on my end and it all started a few server updates ago.”

Whenever I press the “*” button on my controller ( for a roku device) it brings up the audio/subtitles menu as it should but nothing works. Everything used to work just fine. I could switch between various audio feeds or tracks and I could turn on or off subtitles. Nothing has changed on my end and it all started a few server updates ago.

As for a the server, to the one that doesn’t get we are talking about PLEX here, and its the current release, its a PLEX SERVER running on a roku device with the latest client. or it can be the plex theater runnin on a windows 10 pc, your choice.
Either way the subtitles do not work and switching between audio tracks is also not available.

Side question to “Flow”? Why would i come to a plex forum to ask about help for a different server system?

Thanks to the infinite wisdom and guidance of “Flow”, my problem is magically corrected.

Moving this to the Roku section.

Whenever I press the “*” button on my controller it brings up the audio/subtitles as it should but nothing works.

Did you check the global Roku subtitle settings? Roku made a change and the “*” button only turns on subtitles if the global setting is enabled. Not sure about the audio streams. Can’t remember if that should work or not.

its a PLEX SERVER running on a roku device with the latest client

Huh? The Roku runs the client. Plex Media Server runs on a computer/NAS/Shield/etc. I don’t think this affects you, but just want to get the lingo correct so things are clear.