What version of PMS do you have running on your Shield?

server-nvidia-shield

#1

I understand the PMS Shield version isn't on the play store, however I was having " Connection to the server was lost" problems (annoying as the server and app are BOTH on Shield), so ended up deleting Data, getting stuck, uninstalling the software, then re-installing an APK i found.
So probably not running the correct version.

The Plex Media Server 1.8.0.4109-42bd8c63f
The Plex for Android 6.3.2.1332

If this is the wrong version, is there a way to reset / reinstall?
Thanks


#2

On a regular computer you should go to the Google play store (be sure you are logged in with the account you are using on your Shield) and search for "Plex Server" and then push that version to your Shield. You may have to uninstall the version you have first as the current official (beta) version for the Shield is 1.7.4.4017

I am in the beta for the Shield so I am not completely sure what the latest "regular" version is but I am pretty sure it is not the version you have.


#3

Actually, 1.7.4.4017 is the official release. The beta release is at 1.8.x


#4

@rouq said:
Actually, 1.7.4.4017 is the official release. The beta release is at 1.8.x

Yeah, I just saw that. I was at 1.7 but I pushed whatever was available on the beta page and now I am at 1.8.0.4109.

I wish it was a little clearer what version is available and when a new version becomes available. I know that it is supposed to automagically update BUT that seems to be unreliable as this makes twice, at least, that I have received an upgrade only after I forced it.


#5

Thanks for the replies.
Seems I signed up for the Beta, when trying to resolved issues last week.

I read somewhere on a Plex site that you can't actually download the office Plex Shield PMS, as it comes pre-installed.

I can however remove myself from the Beta and wait for the next upgrade (If I can't see a way round this)

"Tip!: If you no longer want to use preview releases, you can visit the same page and choose to no longer be a tester. You'll then need to wait for the next regular Plex Media Server release, which will update over the previous preview release."


#6

I factory reset.
And back to watching.
I now think the issue of lost connection is, when PMS is processing the shows, it can't load the full list of shows.


#7

@StuartWildman said:
Thanks for the replies.
Seems I signed up for the Beta, when trying to resolved issues last week.

I read somewhere on a Plex site that you can't actually download the office Plex Shield PMS, as it comes pre-installed.

I can however remove myself from the Beta and wait for the next upgrade (If I can't see a way round this)

"Tip!: If you no longer want to use preview releases, you can visit the same page and choose to no longer be a tester. You'll then need to wait for the next regular Plex Media Server release, which will update over the previous preview release."

What is the page to remove from the plex beta tester?


#8

@ilboss said:
What is the page to remove from the plex beta tester?

See https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/220583/help-us-beta-test-the-android-tv-app

Click on "Go to Play Store..." link.


#9

@FordGuy61 said:

@ilboss said:
What is the page to remove from the plex beta tester?

See https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/220583/help-us-beta-test-the-android-tv-app

Click on "Go to Play Store..." link.

thank you so much