When V2 avalaible for Embedded platforms ??

plex-media-player

Hi

Using PMP since a long time on an Intel NUC, I'm disappointed to be still stuck on version 1 when I see passing announcement of updates on V2 for Mac/Windows platform !! And now live TV support but still not avalaible on Embedded platform :(
Is there at least a way to get access at V2 on Embedded platform ? or is it one more platform that is already left aside by Plex ?

Thanks

Vincèn

Please see this post:

Take a look at this page: nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/embedded-testing/

@st_smurfy said:
Take a look at this page: nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/embedded-testing/
Those builds won’t include LiveTV and are highly experimental. The devs are working as fast as they can to release a stable embedded build. Trust me, I can’t wait for it to finish myself.

Unfortunately it looks like nightlies died mid December and no one has bothered to fix them :frowning:

@Achilles said:

@st_smurfy said:
Those builds won’t include LiveTV and are highly experimental. The devs are working as fast as they can to release a stable embedded build. Trust me, I can’t wait for it to finish myself.

Thanks a lot for link :wink: I’m not interested by livetv feature but mainly get new interface as I found it nicer and faster :wink: Will give a try and hope it won’t blow up my NUC ;)

@stedaniels said:
Unfortunately it looks like nightlies died mid December and no one has bothered to fix them :frowning:

Probably linked to repository that is dead since similar date !

@Achilles said:

@st_smurfy said:

Unless they are highly experimental, it works really great on my Intel NUC including CEC control. I discovered also with pleasure that now you can at least install it on a hardrive and not only on a memory card :slight_smile: It’s also lot more reactive than v1 but probably due to fact it’s running on SSD now and no more from a memory card !!

Thanks

The playback engine is solid as its mpv. I am speaking more of the UI. There are bugs that have been resolved with the public release of macOS/Windows. Anxious for an embedded build myself.

@Achilles said:
The playback engine is solid as its mpv. I am speaking more of the UI. There are bugs that have been resolved with the public release of macOS/Windows. Anxious for an embedded build myself.

Well no problem so far after a long evening using it and playing medias regarding the UI :)

+1
Really looking forward to embedded v2 being released so I can update my two Raspberry PI’s.
It took me a little while to get used to the look and navigation of the new interface but am def a fan now.

I’d really like one of the Plex team to weigh in on the disappearance of embedded builds. The last one was December 14, 2017. What’s the plan? I get that you want to produce something stable, but isn’t the whole point of PlexPass/early access to get our hands on the new features so that we can test and provide feedback? That’s one of the things we’re paying for, right?

I’d also like to know when to expect the new Pi version. I have a spanking new 3b+ waiting to go and think the V2 interface is so much nicer!

PLEASE guys, forget VR, please work on a new Pi version!

I’d like to see an embedded build so I could use an Odroid-C2. The raspberry pis just have never felt smooth/fast enough to me. I haven’t tested one of the 3B+ models with anything yet though…

I would love to install new PMP on my RPi3. Still waiting.

Any update on this plex devs?

Hi guys, it’s in the pipe, we have released test builds (see the link posted above).

Official builds will come but are getting currently tested and polished.
Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Latest build is v2.9.something https://nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/embedded-testing/2.9.0.847-b1acec41/

What I would like is builds for more target clients besides the Raspberry Pi e.g. the Odroid C2 is 2-10x faster & decodes h.265 in hardware

How stable are the 2.9 embedded builds? Is it better to go to 2.9 or the older 2.1.0?
If anyone has experience with this, please share!

i must say that v2.9 is sluggy and clunky on raspberry pi 3… hope to see some performance tweaks to the UI.

@“Jacob Bæk” : some performance tuning is actually going on, especially on Hubs loading where it seems a bit long.
That should improve in future releases.