When will Google home support be available?

chromecast

Dear Plex media server Devs,,

I've been using your service for a couple of years now and there is one serious flaw No Google Home / Amazon Alexa voice commands :( so upset that it's not there. Everything else on plex and plex vr is very nice almost PERFECT! but the public wants Google voice like Netflix has with google home.

agree support for google home is the way forward

Yes please!

Yep, yep. Really need this.

I’ve got Google Homes and Google Home Minis everywhere, and they work beautifully to cast netflix and youtube stuff to my TV’s. Would love to have Plex capabilities there.

Agreed! Google home integration would be great.

Probably never … seems like they have some kind of exclusive deal with Amazon … tsk tsk

Check out Phlex / Flex Tv in the meantime

Yes I have been wanting this since I got my google home! Please! How awesome would it be to tell plex via google home to play a movie, pause it etc etc!

seems like they have some kind of exclusive deal with Amazon … tsk tsk

You must have a better source of info than I then :smile:

For now, this is the Chromecast forums, and while we’re always looking at supporting other devices, this isn’t the ideal spot to chat about Home support.

@“Dom C” said:

seems like they have some kind of exclusive deal with Amazon … tsk tsk

You must have a better source of info than I then :smile:

For now, this is the Chromecast forums, and while we’re always looking at supporting other devices, this isn’t the ideal spot to chat about Home support.

There isn’t a “Voice Control (Google Home)” forum, only an Alexa forum, as far as i can see?

The Plex and Amazon Prime TV interfaces look almost identical, so you can’t really claim that you don’t have a deal with Amazon, or did Amazon copy the Plex UI…< unlikely >.

Hurry up with the G homenintegration!

PRETTY PLEASE!
Allow Plex voice activation support voa Google home !
This will truly make my life perfect.

Yes! Please! Plex is a perfect fit in my home and no integration with Google Home is really bad WAF here. I might have to drop my Plex Pass subscription.