Why does Kodi only see some of the movies on my Plex server, while Plex sees them all.

plex-for-kodi

My Plex server contains many movies and TV shows and I can watch all of them when I log onto Plex. I also have Kodi on the server, so that I can take the server on the road with me and watch my content without needing an internet connection. Unfortunately, Kodi only sees some of the movies in my Movies library. Also, many of those it does see are not recognized by Kodi correctly, meaning that I have weird movie titles and metadata for the same movie files that Plex has no problem with.

I’m not really sure what you mean. Plex for Kodi, just reads the Plex Server database like any other a Plex Player app . I can’t say what Kodi by itself is doing.

I have a feeling I may be misunderstanding though

Yes, I thought the Kodi app should show all the files, but that’s not the case.There are 350 movie files on the server. Plex sees them all. Kodi only sees 117 of those same files. So, unless I am on the net and can use Plex, most of my movie files are unavailable.

if you are using Kodi why are you not asking over in the Kodi forums? https://forum.kodi.tv/

@“Confused as usual” said:
Yes, I thought the Kodi app should show all the files, but that’s not the case.There are 350 movie files on the server. Plex sees them all. Kodi only sees 117 of those same files. So, unless I am on the net and can use Plex, most of my movie files are unavailable.

It would help if you stopped saying the Kodi app.
You either mean Kodi itself or Plex for Kodi. Please clarify what you are actually using.

Sorry I am not using the correct term. I have a Plex server. I use Plex to watch the videos when I have internet access. When I do not, I use the Kodi application on the Plex server. That’s as clear as I can make it.

Does what you are using look anything like this?

That’s Plex for Kodi.
If it doesn’t then I would guess you simply mean you are also running Kodi on the same device as you run Plex Media Server? If that’s the case then your issue is nothing to do with Plex. Plex see’s your files and Kodi doesn’t so that’s a Kodi issue and you should be asking for help on the Kodi forums…not here!