Why does PMS go offline when I stream from Netflix?

server-nvidia-shield

I noticed my Plex Media Server went offline. I was currently watching a program on Netflix. I exited Netflix and the server came back up. What settings do I need to change in order to prevent this? I have family who use Plex and this affects them. Thanks!

Update: Netflix may not be the culprit. The server seems to be going offline randomly.

logs please...
Settings > Server > Help > Download Logs

Here you go...

Edit: link deleted

you should very urgently remove this link from your post.
with the Plex-Token, somebody might be able to do a lot of damage to your server!

we don't need the link but the actual logs (click "Download Logs" and then upload them to the forum).

Good advice but in this instance looks like a local IP so no need for OP to
panic

See if the attached file is correct. Thank you for your help.

What time were you watching Netflix?

@"MovieFan.Plex" said:
What time were you watching Netflix?

Various times. In fact it happened again last evening.

I'm trying to match the times you were using Netflix to your PMS logs so I can see what is going on. I do see from your logs what appears to be PMS shutting down on it's own and restarting right away but I need to know if you were watching Netflix at the same time.

Can you try watching Netflix again for a few minutes, then get me new PMS logs? Let me know from what time to what time you were watching.

@"MovieFan.Plex" said:
I'm trying to match the times you were using Netflix to your PMS logs so I can see what is going on. I do see from your logs what appears to be PMS shutting down on it's own and restarting right away but I need to know if you were watching Netflix at the same time.

Can you try watching Netflix again for a few minutes, then get me new PMS logs? Let me know from what time to what time you were watching.

Okay. Thanks for looking at this.

I just tried the following:
Amazon Video @ approx 3:32 pm, result: Offline
reset server (went back into Plex, Settings, Server, selected it and it came back online)
Netflix @ approx 3:34 pm, result: Offline
reset server
VUDU @ approx 3:39 pm, result: Offline
reset server

So it appears to go offline each time I stream from another App.

Streamed Netflix from before 8 pm til 9:24 pm. Attached are the logs.

Thanks. Definitely something going on. There's nothing in the logs themselves, but the logs are being created every few seconds, which would indicate a problem with PMS.

I don't use Netflix so I can't check, but I tried with YouTube and I could not reproduce this problem. I'll pass this info along and see if someone else on the team can reproduce. Thanks for the info.

@"MovieFan.Plex" said:
Thanks. Definitely something going on. There's nothing in the logs themselves, but the logs are being created every few seconds, which would indicate a problem with PMS.

I don't use Netflix so I can't check, but I tried with YouTube and I could not reproduce this problem. I'll pass this info along and see if someone else on the team can reproduce. Thanks for the info.

Thank you! As you can see from an earlier post, it happens whenever I stream (Netflix, Amazon, VUDU and it happened with YouTube).

Was there any time frame regarding when the Plex Server went offline? I have been playing Netflix on my Shield for approximately 5 minutes and my Plex Server on the Shield is still showing as online.

Will try Vudu and Amazon next.

I have tested Netflix, Vudu, and Amazon streaming from my Shield TV for at least 20 minutes each. My Shield TV PMS has not gone offline during any of the tests. Hopefully @"MovieFan.Plex" will find something in your logs to indicate what is going on with your server.

@johnm_ColaSC said:
I have tested Netflix, Vudu, and Amazon streaming from my Shield TV for at least 20 minutes each. My Shield TV PMS has not gone offline during any of the tests. Hopefully @"MovieFan.Plex" will find something in your logs to indicate what is going on with your server.

Yea, it's weird. It started only recently, perhaps after an update. Currently on Version 1.12.0.4829.

What Shield firmware are you on? I'm still not able to reproduce this issue.

@"MovieFan.Plex" said:
What Shield firmware are you on? I'm still not able to reproduce this issue.

Version 1.12.0.4829

Whoops! Sorry, misread your question. Android 7.0, Security Patch January 5, 2018, Shield Android TV SW Version 6.3(24.32.406.472)