Why doesn't Live TV show in Plex Media Player (Embedded)

plex-media-player

I've just got Live TV & DVR set-up with Plex but it's not showing on my TV via PMP Embedded, it works fine on Android and via the web. Is it not supported on this platform? I'd be very upset to learn I just spent > £100 and I cannot use it :(

Thank you.

what version of PMP embedded did you install?

The embedded PMP is curently several versions behind

Thanks for the replies. I spotted these: https://nightlies.plex.tv/public-test/plexmediaplayer/embedded-testing/latest-full/

Can these be downloaded by changing the update channel in PMP Embedded 1.x?

Thank you.

@Re1entless said:
Can these be downloaded by changing the update channel in PMP Embedded 1.x?

No, these are strictly out-of-order test versions. Only way is to update manually.
Your best avenue is to use a new SD card, so you can go back to the old version in an instant.

OK, thank you. I’ve actually got it running directly off an SSD, not a USB drive so I’ll just throw the latest dev build directly on the SSD. If I have to go back I will. Does anyone know roughly how stable these builds seem?

Stability is OK, but here may be some bugs here and there.

I’ve upgraded and it all appears to be working great so far, thank you for the help!

I’m stumped… I have (3) different Nvidia Shields. Two different servers, and (1) of my shield running plex does NOT enable Live TV. When I switch between servers, it momentarily (<2 secs) shows up then disappears. I’ve tried installing, logging out, relinking, etc. Nothing seems to work on this one shield (it used work just fine and mysteriously stopped. Help PLEASE

@FrankenPlex said:
I’m stumped… I have (3) different Nvidia Shields. Two different servers, and (1) of my shield running plex does NOT enable Live TV. When I switch between servers, it momentarily (<2 secs) shows up then disappears. I’ve tried installing, logging out, relinking, etc. Nothing seems to work on this one shield (it used work just fine and mysteriously stopped. Help PLEASE

Please report your issue in the appropriate forum http://forums.plex.tv/categories/android-tvs