Why Plex doesn't support DLNA?

server-dlna

Hi, I’m using Plex for android.
But Plex doesn’t support DLNA(drm), just support Air Play(ITV).
Could you fix that?

Ex1) Plex support just Air play(ITV)

Ex2) DS Video support DLNA(drm)

Hi - not sure if I get your question right.
your screenshots look like you're trying to stream videos from a Synology NAS via DS Video to a Plex client. In that case you're correct... Plex clients don't act as DLNA clients, so you won't be able to stream it to the Plex client.
The PMS is acting as a DLNA server of its own (if activated in Settings > Server > DLNA). As for the reasons I can only guess... I suppose Plex is focusing on getting the content of your PMS to your client and doesn't care about other sources. If that's what you're looking for, you might need to search for an alternative client (e.g. Android's native Videos app, VLC mobile, Infuse...).

@tom80H said:
The PMS is acting as a DLNA server of its own (if activated in Settings > Server > DLNA). As for the reasons I can only guess...

It's a pretty simple reason, the Plex clients arn't DLNA clients, they don't/can't connect to the DLNA server, and have no knowledge of the DLNA protocol at all.

The PMS does not act as a DLNA server, the setting you are referring to actually starts a second server that is a DLNA server. Just how Plex clients can't connect to DLNA servers, DLNA client's cannot connect to the PMS server either. The DLNA server bridges the gap for DLNA clients but it isn't a 2 way connection that the the actual plex clients would need to function correctly with it.

Thanks @jmckee.
I wasn't aware of that. I'm only using DLNA myself as my Sony TV's Plex Android Client keeps transcoding DTS while DLNA is doing this without transcoding.

@tom80H said:
Thanks @jmckee.
I wasn't aware of that. I'm only using DLNA myself as my Sony TV's Plex Android Client keeps transcoding DTS while DLNA is doing this without transcoding.

It's one of those things I always wondered myself as I originally only used DLNA for my LG home theater system. and wanted the same experience I was getting via the web manager.

The biggest problem (among others) would be how the server could handle the different requests/responses for the various manufacturers. Even though DLNA is a standard, not every client/server implements the functionality the same.

That was actually the reason I moved from DLNA as my LG home theater expects certain responses at timed intervals that were not present for transcoding streams so I either had to pre-convert everything or couldn't watch it.