"Your connection to the server is not fast enough to stream this video. Check your Network."

apple-tv

#46

I see this same message on 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 as well. Not seeing it on SimpleX. Have tried both wired and wireless with the same results. This combined with the fast forward/rewind issues with IR remotes have made me use mostly SimpleX at this point.


#47

I have this issue as well, but can't test out my theory since I'm not home. Just a really wild guess... maybe the movies with chapters have them embedded within the file? The movies without chapters maybe are grabbed when a movie is matched with the proper meta data (when Plex is working properly). With having direct stream only on, maybe if can't fetch meta data chapters and can only rely on chapter markers if embedded in the file????

@arobe79 said:
After playing with the direct stream only option I have notice that some of my movies lose chapters all together. I wonder why some have them while others don't.


#48

@mrCrumbSnatcher said:
I have this issue as well, but can't test out my theory since I'm not home. Just a really wild guess... maybe the movies with chapters have them embedded within the file? The movies without chapters maybe are grabbed when a movie is matched with the proper meta data (when Plex is working properly). With having direct stream only on, maybe if can't fetch meta data chapters and can only rely on chapter markers if embedded in the file????

@arobe79 said:
After playing with the direct stream only option I have notice that some of my movies lose chapters all together. I wonder why some have them while others don't.

Good thought but I have all the chapters embedded using metaX.


#49

@arobe79 said:

@markie_g said:
Tried the temporary fixes stated here but they don't work. On latest AppleTV version and Plex Pass media server. Unfortunately I get buffering problems during films. My NAS technically can't transcode yet it was working perfectly until last week. Any advise or fixed versions would be very welcome

Did you make any changes last week that you remember? Just thinking that we could narrow something down if we can figure out what change was made just prior to your issues. Your onset of issues is the most recent I have heard of in awhile.

It was the new version of Plex media server that came out a week or so ago. Since I was having issues I then tried the Plex Pass media server and same problem. *EDIT. actually trying the DNS 8.8.8.8 seems to have fixed it, I will message back if the issues comes back. thanks!


#50

This issue is tiresome on a fully wired setup.

Sort it out or I'm going back to NUC PMP.


#51

Changing it to Direct Streaming has made things good for me. I don't ever use chapter markers so don't miss them. I was getting the issue every 3-5 days requiring a reboot of the server, client, network, or all three. But I would like to use DirectPlay as it's theoretically the better way to play files.


#52

My old Mac Mini died so I got an Apple TV 4 and I'm experiencing this same issue. I never encountered this on the old Mini, but it's pretty frustrating on the AppleTV. I have to stop whatever I'm watching (movie or TV show), and then restart roughly 2 or 3 times during the video in order to watch the whole thing. It doesn't happen with every single file, but when it does it's annoying.

If there's any other info I can provide that would help let me know, but it doesn't appear that the devs have responded on this thread?


#53

Possible DNS Rebind issue?


#54

What is that?


#55

I think it first came up in this thread.


#56

That was reported as fixed


#57

@arobe79 said:
That was reported as fixed

Which is why I said "Possible" :((


#58

@phunkysai said:
My old Mac Mini died so I got an Apple TV 4 and I'm experiencing this same issue. I never encountered this on the old Mini, but it's pretty frustrating on the AppleTV. I have to stop whatever I'm watching (movie or TV show), and then restart roughly 2 or 3 times during the video in order to watch the whole thing. It doesn't happen with every single file, but when it does it's annoying.

If there's any other info I can provide that would help let me know, but it doesn't appear that the devs have responded on this thread?

Yep, this has been the exact issue for me since I bought the Apple TV 4 and found Plex for the first time. It's the one issue that seriously annoys me with Plex for Apple TV, it causes complaints in our house on a daily basis.


#59

@BastardSheep said:
I had been ignoring this thread because I assumed it was just my wifi network (AC1900 WIFI but a fair distance through numerous double-brick walls). I'm starting to wonder otherwise now, after reading this thread more thoroughly.

Right now I can't go more than 3 days without getting that message. If SD content I can usually (but not always) just pause for a few seconds, then play again and all good. If HD content though I usually need to reboot either the router or ATV4.

I'll try changing the setting to direct streaming and see how I go. I don't use chapter markers so I won't miss them. See if I can go a week without this message.

It has been over a month since turning off Direct Play and only using Direct Streaming, and I haven't seen that error once since the change was made.


#60

I tried changing the settings like you said, but this weekend I got the dreaded message still. However, I downloaded Simple X just to see if it happened there, and I got the buffering issue there as well (movie would pause, little buffer sign starts rotating on the screen like it does in the plex app - although it doesn't give any feedback message like plex does).

So now it appears to be an AppleTV issue, not a plex issue, which is going to be a nightmare to troubleshoot. Oddly, I've never had this issue on my iphone, ipad, nor the wireless Roku boxes I have streaming Plex in various rooms...


#61

@phunkysai said:
I tried changing the settings like you said, but this weekend I got the dreaded message still. However, I downloaded Simple X just to see if it happened there, and I got the buffering issue there as well (movie would pause, little buffer sign starts rotating on the screen like it does in the plex app - although it doesn't give any feedback message like plex does).

So now it appears to be an AppleTV issue, not a plex issue, which is going to be a nightmare to troubleshoot. Oddly, I've never had this issue on my iphone, ipad, nor the wireless Roku boxes I have streaming Plex in various rooms...

Or it could be a PMS issue...


#62

Just started running into this issue, and the only part of my configuration that has changed (since things were working) would be an updated version of my Plex server.

I'm able to stream through windows shares to Infuse and MrMc with absolutely no problem, but the instant I try to access the videos through the Plex server (as a UPNP device) or through the Plex app itself I encounter this buffering and network connectivity issue. This has me fairly convinced it's something on Plex's side, rathern than an issue with my hardware.


#63

Since it happens with low complexity MP4 files (SD episodes) and my ATV is wired and the problem does not manifest itself on old/older PMS version I believe problem is definitely on PMS side.


#64

New version of the ATV4 app out, and this bug was on the list of things addressed. I've turned Direct Play back on, will see how it goes. Won't know for a few days as it usually takes a bit (less than a week anyway) for the problem to show its head.


#65

Somethings not right lately. Never seen this "Server Not Powerful Enough" message before myself and there's been no setup changes. My Plex server is running on a very powerful Mac Pro 2013 model, and plex is transcoding the 264 video part of mkv's to Apple TV 4 and/or Amazon Fire streaming devices when it shouldnt need to. Ethernet is gigabit and wireless is ac. Latest Plex Pass server version and latest OS X. Makes no sense, other than a bug in Plex server software?