If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remove Deck Items

ScrypterScrypter Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I know there are many posts addressing this issue but there seems to be no way of removing items from the deck. I know there are workarounds but they can be really annoying when it comes to series. Anyway, this seems like a basic feature and I cannot believe it's still not on the books, years after the first post concerning the issue.

This is almost as absurd as the lacking auto play, the fact that you have to create a playlist to achieve this is way too hacky and frankly feels redundant.

Seriously, if you don't have time to develop such a feature please open source the relevant part of the code so I can do it myself.

I like plex a lot but lack of basic features like this definitely keeps me from buying a plex pass.

Regards,

Steven

Comments

• NedtheNerdNedtheNerd Posts: 3,736Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Scrypter wrote on June 3 2015, 3:38 PM: »

I know there are many posts addressing this issue but there seems to be no way of removing items from the deck. I know there are workarounds but they can be really annoying when it comes to series. Anyway, this seems like a basic feature and I cannot believe it's still not on the books, years after the first post concerning the issue.

This is almost as absurd as the lacking auto play, the fact that you have to create a playlist to achieve this is way too hacky and frankly feels redundant.

Seriously, if you don't have time to develop such a feature please open source the relevant part of the code so I can do it myself.

I like plex a lot but lack of basic features like this definitely keeps me from buying a plex pass.

Regards,
    Steven

Personally, I like 'On Deck' and 'Recently Added' the way it is now. Everyone has their own opinion!

Rasplex/OpenPHT is maintained by a team of volunteers, donations are gratefully received. Why not make a donation now: rasplex.com

"Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it."
  • ScrypterScrypter Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    edited June 2015

Having an option to remove on deck items would not change anything for you, it's simply added functionality. Thanks for your input though.

I have several duplicate items on my on deck for some reason, there is no way to remove one of those, this is incredibly annoying.

Edit: by the by, pointing me to the server API would be sufficient, if there is an endpoint for 'on deck' and a supported HTTP delete action.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,142Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

To remove an item from OnDeck, just mark it as watched.

If you have duplicates OnDeck, that would mean you have duplicates of that item in your collection somewhere.

edited June 2015

I know there are workarounds but it's absurd that you should mark the episodes watched to remove them from the 'on deck'. For a series this would mean marking all episodes as watched and then marking all episodes (besides the ones I've already seen) as unwatched. Feels hacky and redundant.

That's like closing an application on your computer, sure you could shut down, restart and open all applications that were previously open besides the one you wanted to close but that's a sloppy workaround. I hope my analogy is clear.

Adding and removing items to the 'on deck' seem like priority features to me, since I play all my series through the 'on deck' menu. This would honestly result in a much more user-friendly application imho. 

Edit: Say I'm watching a movie and quit half way with the intention to pick it up later (yet not any time soon, maybe I have exams or I get addicted to a tv show), I'd like the movie to be off the deck. Then I'd have to either wait until it expires or mark it watched and lose my state? That is not desirable behavior...

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,142Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Sounds like you want OnDeck to be a queue which it is not.  It is to hold items that are in the middle of still being watched or TV Shows where you have already watched an episode so it is showing you the next available episode.  That is it.  There is a feature request to have an actual queue where you can add and remove items at will, which sounds more like what you are after.

edited June 2015

Not really, removing is priority one for me. I watch many series and I sometimes stop in the middle to favor another. My deck is flooded and I'd like to clean it up, which I cannot do. The non-linear nature of the way I watch implies any structure but a queue by the way.

Never mind, you can close this thread. I can see this is not gonna accomplish anything.

Thanks anyway,

Steven

• Ted_ShecklerTed_Sheckler Posts: 18Members ✭✭

I agree, it's pretty silly that we can't just remove items from On Deck. I watched the first 3 seasons of the X-Files a couple months ago, and season 4 has been sitting in my On Deck list since then. I'm currently watching other shows and have no interest in getting to season 4 any time soon, but my only solution is to mark the entire season as either watched or unwatched. This is pretty silly. For such an awesome program, there is some seriously overlooked flaws. Ones that I imagine are easily fixable, albeit I have no ability to program so really I guess I can't complain. But yeah.

• DrSeussFreakDrSeussFreak Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So I am 100% behind this, On Deck is a nuisance to me. I am very OCD and I cannot remove these items and for a TV Series with 80 episodes, I am not going to do this repetitive task.

"Adults are nothing but obsolete children, and the hell with them" - Theodor Seuss Geisel

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 26,265Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Settings - Server - Library - Show Advanced - Weeks to consider for On Deck
    Reduce the number to e.g. 4 weeks

It's not exactly what you want but it can help reduce the amount of items.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • Happycamper1987Happycamper1987 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love the unhelpful comments from people about why you're wrong for wanting what you want, but you have to ignore them because there is value in the ability to remove something from deck without having to hack by marking things as watched.

I watched an episode of South Park the other day but I am not in to it and don't really want it on my on deck as it's very unlikely I am going to watch it again, but going to mark episodes as watched won't help me because every week they're going to release a new episode and every week I'm going to have to mark it as watched to remove it....that's silly.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 26,265Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

If you > @Happycamper1987 said:

I watched an episode of South Park the other day but I am not in to it and don't really want it on my on deck as it's very unlikely I am going to watch it again, but going to mark episodes as watched won't help me because every week they're going to release a new episode and every week I'm going to have to mark it as watched to remove it....that's silly.

If you mark all episodes as unwatched again, it won't show in OnDeck either, even when there are new Episodes added.
    These new episodes will appear under 'Newly Added', though.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • adamskoogadamskoog Posts: 2,384Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@OttoKerner said:
    If you mark all episodes as unwatched again, it won't show in OnDeck either, even when there are new Episodes added.
    These new episodes will appear under 'Newly Added', though.

To add on with this: if you delete the on deck item, it will likely still come back when new items are watched depending on implementation. How do you know when the user may want it to come back...

Not saying that what you want isn't valid, just saying there are quite a few implications that go along with it that would have to be thought out. I personally like the way it's set up though, a delete wouldn't bother me as it wouldn't change how I use it, but it really needs to be a worth while change.

• magikman74magikman74 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's actually kind of annoying that when a feature is requested there are the inevitable trolls that will come out of the woodworks to talk about how they like it the way it is. I'm in the same boat as the op in that I have items on my deck, and I don't want all of them there anymore. Why are they there and why do I want to remove them? That's completely irrelevant. The fact is that they are there, and I don't want them on there any longer. I LOVE the on deck feature the way it is implemented now, it's just missing the customization part. If I do remove something from the deck and I later do something that would trigger putting it back, then put it back. I can easily remove it again (if the feature was added). I use the On Deck more than anything else on my plex as I'm an avid tv series person and this would go a long way in helping me clean up my view.

• SuperNutsSuperNuts Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, please add this. I want to be able to permanently remove items from "on deck" when I don't want them there. Sometimes my roommates watch shows and I check them out and don't like them, but they continue to pop up and I cannot get rid of them. It's really annoying.

• cyberacybera Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would also like to see this added.

• DisintoDisinto Posts: 2Members

I'd like to see this functionality too. Just quickly skimming through a movie doesn't necessarily entitles it to be on the deck list and obviously, that movie hasn't been watched yet!

• accrtfaccrtf Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Never liked seeing on deck items so I went to Settings > Server > Library > Show Advanced > Weeks to consider for On Deck, and then entered "0" so it doesn't show any on deck items anymore.

• accrtfaccrtf Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Wait, you can remove "On Deck" under Settings > Web > Dashboard. I did that so I don't have to see it.